Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Dang! Makes me hanker for my Olde One.

Cant wait to be really silly and compare new, old stats. Any lighter? Heh.

I should toss in the towel and reaquire every bike ive ever owned and shove them in a dilapidated air hanger and simply continue to aquire more bikes untill my family and friends find, and kill me.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Now, if Kawi wanted to be real clever they should put the 650 Ninja Twin in the bike. But no one listens to me anyway. It it a pretty sweet bike, however. And regardless of the motor installed I still want one. But it sure would be nice getting some 70hp out of it if it were a twin.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Link won't work on mine either but I saw a review on another site. I took my '99 to some pretty interesting places. I almost bought a WeeStrom last year but couldn't get past the look. I think I'll ride on over to my dealer and see if this thing is as good as everyone says it is. The red one looks ok, the green would do but the blue, no thanks. I'm gonna get shot if I keep adding to the garage without first emptying a spot.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Well. the link finally worked, and I want another one. But, I also want to go check out the CanAm Spyder. There ain't no way in hell I can afford both without emptying the garage and the bank account. But, if she shoots me in the right place, it might be worth trying to keep everything and get everthing too. Thanks for the encouragement.

·
Registered
207 Posts
parallel twin power to the people.

the KLR is a great value, but i'll wait until the versys is available in the states.

...a dual purpose with the 650 ninja engine in it, it's been out here (EU) for a few months now - and is a fun drive :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Re: parallel twin power to the people.

And there you have it: BrowningBAR's great idea, in the flesh. Just don't let that guy acecycleins find out about this; he'll take all the credit and then it'll just be really embarassing and awkward.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts

You have to admit the KLR is just a "bit" more dual purpose than the Versys.

It seems the Versys is more of a competitor to the WeeStrom. Which is a street bike that can handle "some" non-pavement duties.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts

Idea guys don't always get the credit. Versys is pretty cool but I bet they'd sell like the ER (Ninja 650) here. Slow..... Take all that cool in the "new" KLR and throw that 650 twin in it and keep the price at sub $5K and sell 'em by the thousands.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.