Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

· Banned
2,752 Posts
Re: i am officially worried .... it is OK to be worried about web sit security

They say it is a good idea to cancel them every so often anyway. If you shop on line you may have given your card number to a number of sites etc. there is a danger that those sites could be comprimised, especially if the site has fallen on hard times. As some one who develops software systems for a living let me say all systems have security vulnerabilities. It is very naive to think that nothing will happen. Especially if the site is running Microsoft systems which are particularly vunerable to attack. So if somone says don't worry--- they have never built any serious software systems or they are lying or in denial

· Registered
1,538 Posts
Re: Not an Expert

I can't say that I expected better from you KPaul. My chosen ISP has nothing to do with the level of hardware, software or net savvy that I possess. However, as you so intuitively surmised, I am not an "expert" on internet security. I DO know that MO has had my credit card number for over two years, and I have never seen an un-authorized charge, nor have I heard of anybody else being "ripped off" by MO.

In short: Whether I answer you from my AOL domain, business domain, free DSL mailbox, cell phone, toilet paper dispenser, use E.S.P., or write it in burnt rubber in front of your house, the answer remains NO to the "Am I worried?" question.

· Banned
2,752 Posts
Re: Not an Expert

Sorry grumpy this morning and my credit card was stolen monday the old fashioned way, they lifted my wallet. My banker suggested the bit about canceling your cards every now and then (unofficial/non-authorized advice)

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.