Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Hayden is just awesome but the racing is not. The AMA needs to rethink the formula so the factories get involved again. Bostrom is riding an old bike. Gobert is riding a bike nobody can buy. The 1000cc twins clearly have a power advantage over the 750cc fours.

If AMA goes to 1000cc fours will it be the end of the twins? Maybe 900cc fours and 1000cc twins would work. The litre bikes are what the manufacturers are selling right now and they would be more likely to get behind the teams financially. Sadly, I think the 750s are dead.

buzz

·
Registered
236 Posts
750's are long dead...

Just don't tell Suzuki. Seriously, 750's appear to get relatively small amounts of factory support, but can you blame them? Not only are they not as fast on the track, they're not as fast on the sales floor. Kids buy 750's if the dealership can't get them the lastest GRPDQ-1000 or if they can't afford it. Period. Yes, more mature riders sometimes buy 750's if it fits their needs better than 600's or 1000's, but most sport bike riders are anything but mature. (And thank god for them and all the spare parts they generate with frequent wrecks.)

I agree that if the AMA wants inline 4's to be competetive again they'll need to change the rules, I just hope they'll do it in a manor that doesn't kill the twins.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.