Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original Article:
Roadgear Ultra Glove Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Roadgear Ultra Glove Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Those filthy Chicagoans and their filthy Chi-Town ways...............

(beat ya' to it, Ken!)

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Oh yeah, - BTW; these things look mighty Toasty, gonna have to find me a pair of 'em to try out.

No crash-test though? Not even a "toss yerself down in the gravel-driveway" test? :D

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
This sudden outflow of reports from the "Mid Western News Desk" is an ugly trend. Something must be done!
Well, I figure that after 'global warming' kicks in fully, I won't be able to do these cold weather gear tests any more. After the ocean rises 20 feet, and the polar ice caps are nothing more than a memory, you will look back on these tests as the glory years of the world at large.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I'll have to try some when my Triumph Explorer gloves wear out. I hate getting cold fingers !

·
Registered
11,488 Posts

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
On a serious note, these gloves are good. They aren't bulky at all while still being totally waterproof and warm. The price is right too. Everyone but Ken needs a pair. :)

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
On a serious note, these gloves are good. They aren't bulky at all while still being totally waterproof and warm. The price is right too. Everyone but Ken needs a pair. :)
I was going to say "Everyone but Ken has a pair" but decided to leave him alone.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
How much do you want for the pair you rubbed on your butt??? (just askin').....
While that testifies as to the durability and corrosion-resistance of the gloves, I have no particular wish to buy that specific pair...............

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Good winter gloves are a blessing. My hands have really suffered from repeated soaking and freezing over the years, even the best gloves leak after a while. The Explorer gloves I have now don't leak per se` but the zippers broke on both of them so heavy rain runs down my sleeve into the glove and freezes my hands. When the Trophy got totaled my right hand suffered a lot of damage, I still get the snap crackle pops when I flex my hand or fingers. If it gets cold or wet I can hardly move it for an hour or two.

I'll definately look into these.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Held gloves

Being a skinny wimp who hates cold yet for some reason I still commute in rain and snow through the slushy seattle winter, I am very picky about good gloves. I bought a pair of the Held super winter gloves, whatever they are called, and they sucked. They were too constrictive, even with the super extra large size. My hands are not large but they are slightly strange shaped, my thumbs are further down and very weirdly double jointed which means that i have to buy the biggest gloves to be comfortable. Winter gloves in general are worse for me than gloves with less padding because they end up tight around my fingers and it's something to do with the lack of circulation or maybe just no place for air pockets or something but they make my hands fing COLD. I downgraded to the Held rain gloves which are 100% waterproof and my hands are just fine now as long as I get out of the rain in under 45 minutes. Ski gloves work ok but they are too bulky. I think the best answer to cold hands is heated grips.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.