Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new to the forum. Getting abck into bike riding. I havnt had a bike since my "85 honda shadow 700cc about 12 years ago.

I have been looking at the roadliner S (white one) 2006 model. I am very impressed with the looks and style and feel of the bike and all the reviews I have scene have been leaning me toward getting this bike.

Any reason why I shouldnt get one of these guys?

·
Registered
11,488 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Max,
It is beyond what the reviews say. I think I'v read everyone and they all love it. I can say from personal experence,It rides like a lexus,has the power of a vet. I have a pearl white 06 Roadliner S,I love everything about it.

If you already went for it GREAT!!!.
If you did'nt make the move yet,trust me,you will fall in love with it more,each day that you own it.

Best of luck,..........Brian

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Just a friendly warning, but there are several people who are going to rag you mercilessly because the Roadliner gets less than 100hp. They should be here any second.....

waiting....

waiting.....

waiting....

Oh, excuse me. Getting less than 100hp is only something to be criticized when Harley does it. Apparently the hypocrites have no problem when a Japanese company does it.

Never mind.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
It puts out 101hp,..91hp at the wheel.

Brian
Well there ya go, no problem then...

I'm sure they're excellent bikes, if it floats your boat then go for it, just be careful and gear up. 12 years is a long time, things have changed in the traffic mix and in the bikes themselves, good luck

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hey guys new to the forum. Getting abck into bike riding. I havnt had a bike since my "85 honda shadow 700cc about 12 years ago.

I have been looking at the roadliner S (white one) 2006 model. I am very impressed with the looks and style and feel of the bike and all the reviews I have scene have been leaning me toward getting this bike.

Any reason why I shouldnt get one of these guys?
No reason at all..get it!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Sorry man,

Well there ya go, no problem then...

I'm sure they're excellent bikes, if it floats your boat then go for it, just be careful and gear up. 12 years is a long time, things have changed in the traffic mix and in the bikes themselves, good luck
I just can't keep up with the trends. Last I saw 100hp was the bare minimum for one up riding. Now apparently 91HP is okay if it's a Yamaha. I just get so confused. You know, if Harley issues a recall it's because they are junk but if Honda does the same thing it's because they are a quality company taking care of the customers. Someone needs to issue a trends newsletter so I can keep informed! I'm amazed at how little I've learned in 43 years and over half a million miles on bikes!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Well a bummer you guys gotta get into the big high defintition vs metric bikes thing.

Personally one of my favorite bikes that I have allways been in love with is the early 90's fat boy. For some reason I loved that bike just never could even come close to affording one or the maintenance cost involved.

Now onto my bike that I have now. This thing is great. I love the look, it rides great and has plenty of power. I dont know about the minum HP being 100hp but I think close is just fine. I have ridden several other bikes but this amount of power is good I think. A 85 honda shadow that was a dog. A titan custom that was a beast.

This thing is nice to cruise in and when you wanna pass it has no problems agreeing with you. Anyways they are good bikes, very few if any issues that I have scene or heard about.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
That's what counts MADMAX22, riding the bike you love. Most of the people that piss and moan about other peoples rides don't even have a bike, or feel the need to justify their choice by putting everyone else down.

The 100 HP thing Dr. Seruzawa mentioned is an extension of that. Some people bag on Harley for "only" makeing 60 some horsepower, claiming that a bike needs at least 100 to be even ridable. The other side, me and the good Dr. included counter with horsepower really isn't an issue because in a street enviroment you're rarely going to use even that much.....It's an ongoing debate and not a slam at you or your bike.

There now you're up to speed, congrat's on the bike, ride the sh*t out of it, wash, rinse, repeat.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
That's what counts MADMAX22, riding the bike you love. Most of the people that piss and moan about other peoples rides don't even have a bike, or feel the need to justify their choice by putting everyone else down.

The 100 HP thing Dr. Seruzawa mentioned is an extension of that. Some people bag on Harley for "only" makeing 60 some horsepower, claiming that a bike needs at least 100 to be even ridable. The other side, me and the good Dr. included counter with horsepower really isn't an issue because in a street enviroment you're rarely going to use even that much.....It's an ongoing debate and not a slam at you or your bike.

There now you're up to speed, congrat's on the bike, ride the sh*t out of it, wash, rinse, repeat.
Sarnali speaks sooth. I used to tour two-up all over on a 60hp '75 CB750 with all kinds of sleeping bags and lanterns hanging on it and never once felt deprived. Just knock it down a gear and pass any cage with ease. I suspect that the biggest whiners that complain about 'low horsepower' bikes are 14 year old fakers who actually have little or no riding experience. Sure, 100+ hp is great but in the end it hardly matters in a world of 75 mph speed limits.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.