Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have a 2007 Yamaha 1900 Roadliner and I think it's a great bike if your into the cruiser thing. Too old (fat)for sport bikes and too young to stop riding altogether.

Have Fun
IBKING

·
Registered
25 Posts
The engine is great. I have the 1670cc version in my MT-01 and love it. The MT-01 uses some titanium inards as well as different crank weight and tuning.

Enjoy the ride.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Nice thing about the Roadliner, if a car does hit you, it'll probably bounce off with major damage.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
i just got a 1983 Virago xv920mk and need to know the engine oil capacity, can anyone help?
First look on the engine cases near the oil fill plug. Many engines give the oil amount stamped right into the case.

If you can't find a stamped quantity, or a manual, you can always check it by making sure the bike is full to the upper mark and then draining the oil into a clean container and then measuring the amount of oil. That will give you a ballpark amount. The oil filter also holds oil. So replace the filter and refill the engine with up to the top line. Then run the engine a couple of minutes and top off. If you kept track of how much you poured in you'd then know for sure how much oil it holds.

Manufacturer specs can be misleading. My old air/oil cooled Suzuki was stamped 5200cc (5.5 qts) but held much closer to 6 qts after I changed the oil and filter, refilled and ran the engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.