Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
I think that single-sided front swingarm is way cool! I've seen that on a motorcycle twice - some ugly euro aftermarket thing and on that yamaha gts.

Sounds like an opportunity for some saavy engineer...too bad my mechanical engineering know-how starts and ends with plastic model kits labeled "snap-fit".

·
Registered
306 Posts
They are fun because they are practically nothing but "with a motor and two wheels". They are easier to navigate through crowded city streets--and I mean just about everywhere else outside of the US. Although San Francisco and Portland come to mind where one would be cool.

You sit "on" a scooter (like a chair) as opposed to a motorcycle, where a better description would be to "straddle" or "mount" (like a horse), which makes it less intimidating (in my mind, anyway).

If you dumped a motorcycle at 5-10 mph, you'd most likely go down with it. If you dumped a scooter at said speed, it seems like you could just jump off it and land on both feet skipping, which someone might.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.