Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
I wonder if there is more to this than meets the eye? Why didn't yamaha go to australia to test?

yamaha has the chatter fixed. was it michelin or yamaha?

does yamaha think it knows something honda doesn't know about the 800s?

does rossi think he knows something about how this is all going to go down?

does michelin really control who wins motogp, and how is that affected by the emergence of the stones?

i think so.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Yamaha had good base settings at the end of the last test, They had NO new parts to test at Phillip Island so the test there was pointless. And yes, they do have one on Honda. Honda had a terrible push problem and went to Phillip island to figure it out. Yamaha had a tire problem and Michelin didn't have "new" tires for that test. Yamaha is also holding back on power for the 800, according to Rossi. So, when the Europe testing starts expect "new" tires from Michelin and more power from Yamaha. All is fine in Rossi's world.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I didn't read anything about no new parts, and that's good to know. but the whole bike is new, so it seems to me they would want to get some base settings for a much different track. i am not disagreeing but that's how i sees it.

I agree all is fine with rossi.

i wonder how puig is going to deal with it if hayden is faster than the small one on the 800 like he just was?

and with all that said i wish i could feel the front like those guys do. that must be pretty cool.

also i coughed up the euros for the motogp.com feed for testing and it has been pretty disappointing so far.

thanks for the response. i love this stuff.

regards

ed

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Soups comment on HRC were pretty good. Seems Nicky feels Yamaha is holding back, as well, from what I read into it. Rossi said something on a Euro site I came across that leads me to believe Yamaha has HP hiding and are testing "soft" parts for the base setting. The questions is: What are the "works" parts going to produce. It seems possible that Yamaha may be the HP victor in this 800 war, so far. Rossi mentioned that Michelin was working on a compound that will show immediate results in track times. Should be interesting when everyone shows up in Spain (isn't that the next test).

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Side note: HRC is designing a new fairing for Nicky. He says it's too small "for larger guys". He'd what- 5'6 right? Funny that he's the large guy. What's that make Colin- giant?

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
It's been widely speculated that the RC212V was designed exclusively around Pedrosa, with Hayden getting whatever is "left over".

·
Registered
956 Posts
Yer right the off season on MotoGP isn't much to right home about. I feel it's worth is during the season. If you've got the time sit yourself down and relive a race from the past or if you're not careful become of fan of the smaller classes, great racing! Great personality's. You'll know who the next Pedrosa is before anyone else........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.