Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What? No 2 strokes are going to rule banter?

Funny how silence rules when the 4 strokes win. I for one love 2 strokes (hard to beat the thrill you get from a CR 500 motor), but I'm more excited about someday getting a bike with an engine like the RC211V on the street than about any 2 stroke motor. Good for Rossi.

luvmyvfr

·
Registered
585 Posts
Official times:

1 Valentino Rossi Honda Racing Corporation 2:04.343

2 Tohru Ukawa Honda Racing Corporation 2:04.493

3 Daijiro Katoh Fortuna Honda Gresini 2:05.540

4 Loris Capirossi West Honda Pons 2:05.782

5 Kenny Roberts Telefonica Movistar Suzuki 2:05.807

6 Carlos Checa Marlboro Yamaha Team 2:05.821

7 Shinichi Itoh Honda Racing Corporation 2:05.913

8 Akira Ryo Telefonica Movistar Suzuki 2:06.065

9 Yukio Kagayama Wildcard 2:06.130

10 Max Biaggi Marlboro Yamaha Team 2:06.296

11 Norick Abe Repsol-YPF Yamaha d'Antin 2:06.784

12 Alex Barros West Honda Pons 2:06.858

13 Garry Mccoy Red Bull Yamaha WCM 2:06.939

14 Sete Gibernau Telefonica Movistar Suzuki 2:06.952

15 Jeremy Mcwilliams Proton Team KR 2:07.098

16 Shinya Nakano Gauloises Yamaha Tech 3 2:07.128

17 Olivier Jacque Gauloises Yamaha Tech 3 2:07.290

18 Nobuatsu Aoki Proton Team KR 2:07.322

19 John Hopkins Red Bull Yamaha WCM 2:07.373

20 Jurgen Vd goorbergh Kanemoto Racing 2:07.638

21 Tetsuya Harada Pramac Honda Racing Team 2:07.705

22 John Kocinski Marlboro Yamaha Team 2:08.209

23 Pere Riba Repsol-YPF Yamaha d'Antin 2:09.337

I am glad Suzuki is showing progress. May not be enough to stop Honda but it's getting there.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Being aggressive isn't worth much, when you are a two-stroke rider, with a classic two-stroke riding style. Checa has more four stroke expierience as well as more enthusiasm for the M-1. The tables being turned in this case, isn't much of a mystery.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Re: What? No 2 strokes are going to rule banter?

that is complete and utter bullsh*t!!! all you've been hearing about is the 4strokes. Look at Honda, even if Rossi finishes behind Katoh HRC's press releases list his times first. You my friend have not been paying attention.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Passport to ride

Sucks that you have to be Italian, Spanish, or Japanese to really get a ride in GP. I know that's what the market wants, but that's not always where the best riders are. Look how the Yam Antennae team hired Pierre Riba and he sucks pretty bad. From SS rider to GP. Atleast John Hopkins is improving. Cardoso, Abe, Riba, Aoki and Gibernau aren't really great riders. I mean, Gib and Riba were hired strictly because they were half way decent Spanish riders. When Telefonica Movistar dropped AOKI, they went after Barros and Gibernau directly because they were Brazilian and Spanish, two of their key markets. I guess it's Sponsor pressure. Oh well.

·
Registered
82 Posts
No wonder he was nicknamed both Carlos "Chubby" Checa and Carlos "Crash" Checa by the European press...

He's not as chubby as he used to be (I doubt if his chubiness had anything to do with his frequent past crashes), and the jury's still out on his 'crashworthiness'...

He's still a blast to watch though! Hopefully, Yamaha will sort out the gremlins (horsepower deficit?) and put out a competitive bike for him and Biaggi - not that it's not competitive but early testing shows they got some work to do.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Re: Passport to ride

Probably they'd be bidding for Rossi and Aoki if they were Afghani Taliban.

It seems to be hard for North Americans though... Maybe if everyone on line right now bought a WSB race replica? Just those from the USA?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Who's not paying attention?

Lincoln, surely you jest! Of course I have been paying attention! I wrote "banter" not "press release"(are you paying attention?).

I was only referring to the fact that the posted comments on MO after the races where 2 strokes win, some people are always trashing four strokes. If anything, I was being lenient calling that banter, as it is rarely done teasingly or good naturedly.

You need to either read more carefully, take one of JB's Paxil, or just step away from the keyboard until you've cooled off and think things through a bit, before you attack others and their remarks. Be cool.

luvmyvfr

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.