Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Are those actual streets he was riding on? Looks more like a pit area and that looks like a pit bike. At least he was smart enough to wear a helmet. I can see the cop trying to catch him if he'd have run, even on a scooter with passenger.

I'd have at least gotten his autograph if I were the cop. Maybe one with a few copies too.

·
Registered
157 Posts
May be he would understand the word, "Stunad", because that's what he is.

·
Registered
128 Posts
As you come out of the paddock area at Laguna, there is a big sign that says that California helmet laws apply outside the area (that is on all the access roads, parking areas, etc.). I was wondering whether they actually enforced that and this is my answer, I guess...

·
Registered
30 Posts
As I sat in our convertible rental car in a long line of cars I watched Rossi ride by on his little yellow scooter in the wrong direction. Nobody was leaving the track. If anyone thinks it was dangerous, they were not there.

Don

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Re: What a waste of police time

You should come to the 909/951 area code sometime and see the local police hassling the Mexicans selling roses by the side of the road. I saw that on Mother's Day this year (and by a female cop, too!). It made me so angry that I had to drive away before I did something stupid.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
News Flash: Rossi to be charged?

News Flash- A passenger on a yellow Yamaha scooter was killed at Laguna Seca, when the rider MotoGP champ Valentino Rossi swerved to avoid car that was pulling out of a line of cars headed for the AMA superbike races. The passenger, who was not wearing a helmet, was thrown from the scooter and landed infront of the oncoming car.

Police are contemplating charges against the driver of the car and Rossi for neglicence. Signs are prevalent warning of California's helmet law. Rossi was so shook up he was not able to race in the weekends MotoGP event.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Re: What a waste of police time

Catching violent criminals doesn't make money. Giving some schmuck a ticket for some minor infraction does. Violent criminals might hurt them. Mr. Schmuck will just put his tail between his legs, go home, and pay up.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.