Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If Honda decides they want to give Hayden all-out support for this years championship they'll stop putting him on that experimental inboard clutch that's overheated and failed three consecutive races.

If Friday morning he's out testing development parts again I think a) he's gonna lose his points lead, and b) he'll be riding a Ducati or Yamaha next year.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hayden should thanks the rain gods. When the race first started Rossi was riding like a maniac and Hayden was in no-point land. If it had not started raining now he would have Rossi about 10-12 points away. BTW, what kind of stupid way is that to run a race? Switching the ride with all the chaos, etc. It allowed the race to be decided a lot more by the pits: welcome to the marriage of Formula 1 and Moto GP.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Nicky has had clutch problems all season. Not his fault. He's racing and not complaining- just wants working equipment. Rossi scored major points by pulling the "I didn't see the flag" line and Nicky's still keepeing cool. If Nicky remains calm and pushes and HRC can deliver a clutch that works on launch Nicky should be fine. If Nicky looses the Championship because of the Rossi got away with cheating the last race then watch Yamaha offer Nicky BIG money to race with Vale again. If Nicky wins the title then HRC will offer even more money for Nicky on a two year deal. I just hope that the 800 offers better clutch performance.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Excellent analysis.. Nicky is taking the high road.. It would be tempting for me to get angry and lash out at Rossi, the MotoGP officials, and even Honda. If Honda dumps him (I don't think they will no matter how he ends up but you never know I never thought they would let Rossi go over to Yamaha right?).. Yamaha, Suzuki and even kawasaki will line up with the Check book in hand.

Under that ah yucks All American boy exteririor Nicky is a serious competitor.. I saw that come out in a few interviews on MotoGp.com and Wind Tunnerl

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Great points. come on Honda stop messing around and let the guy win for ya.. Let the second teamer Danny P experiment.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Ducati too i.e. he could replace Sete (nice guy but doesn't have the eye of the tiger, got itimidated by Rossi)

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Didn't rossi put the voo-doo on him (Sete)earlier this year? Something doesn't seem natural about Nicky being on a Ducati. I can see Yamaha but Kawasaki and Suzuki haven't been able to compete consistanly and Nicky wants wins. Looks like HRC or Yam. At least, that's what Dad, his agent and his bros should be telling him.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Luv me that MotoGP and you make an excellent point. Still it great to see Nicky get the relative lackluster 4th in the rain. Nicky's never been a rain rider - it shows how hard he's been working the last few seasons.

I'm going to try and get to Valencia for the final race - haven't found passes yet online, but this thing will come down to the last race. If Nicky wins it I want to be there!

·
Registered
97 Posts
After last weekend, Nicky is the clearest Honda mounted challenger to Rossi. I doubt very much Honda is about to jeopardize Nicky's lead for development purposes.

He's going to get the A equipment and whatever it takes to finish the season with the most points.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Rossi "roaring closer" to Hayden? Impossible. The expert commenters on these forums told us he was washed up, done for, stick a fork in 'im.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.