Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
My excuse: There was a desert rat that ran right across the bow of the Suzuki as I grabbed second gear. And being the animal lover that I am, I lifted, picked the critter up, deposited him over the plywood fence, re-mounted my steed, and still crossed the line just a few tenths aft of Burns.

How's that?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Re: What tires?

When we did the lap times, it was late enough in the day that we had the 180-section on it and, most importantly, we knew the track. Enough, anyway. No sense taking lap times when you don't know where you're going, eh?

At the strip we left the same track tires fitted since they are stickier than what comes stock. Of course, we corrected rear ride height/pre-load as best we could to compensate for any changes in the tire's circumference.

As for the difference in lap times between the 190-section rear and the 180-section, it was infinitesimal, though the 180 let us run for more than 5 laps before getting scary on us.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Like these that are lined up, perhaps?

Aprilia Mille R

Ducati 998

Kawasaki ZX-9R

Honda RC-51

Kawasaki ZR-7

Yamaha Vino

Honda Metropolitan

100-horsepower Yamaha Warrior

And maybe a little something else. but, for a start, you know, that's a good one, right?

Oh, and we'll be getting the Sport-Touring comparo underway pretty quick as well, methinks...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.