Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Now you've done it. People from different cells aren't supposed to know each other. It jeapordizes then entire VRWC World Takeover Plot.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
True enough, but he did say that lowering the seat height would make it handle better. I guess that's what really set me off. It's a bald faced lie and is aimed at suckering in guys that don't know any better.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
The whole point of these and other "Custom Choppers" is to sucker in guys who don't know any better.

Unless backroads in Cali. are in alot better shape than Washington bikes of this type are pretty much unridable anywhere but freeways.

That's why a person would be better off with a Dyna Wide Glide, Night Train or Vegas. They are stylish reliable bikes with viable suspension and frame geometry you can actually ride on less than perfect roads.

I'm sorry but $30k+ is way out of my range for eye-candy.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Now Sean, dont make Dan Gurney come down there and inform you on motorcycle seat heights Vs. handling prowless. ;)

Though for the same 35k I think I would take the copperhead over the alligator. 35k for a bored out XR sends Kpauls price vs performance ratio thru the roof! At least the copperhead has cube's and I could probably crash it just as easy as most alligator test riders. Though both look about equally ridiculous.

http://www.allamericanracers.com/alligator/alligator_home.html

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Freeways? I have yet to see a chopper anywhere other than outside a bar or burger joint. I take that back, one wobbling down I80 in Sac and one the other day on 680 in walnut creek with a woman riding it. Those 300 rear tires crack me up. Guess with the obesity problem in the states you need to inlarge the back tire to make the "Spare Tire and Saddle Bags" ON the rider look smaller.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Rake it, sretch it lower it, It's still a [email protected] motorcycle.

Guys that ride these rediculous, over priced, ill handling,

POS have probably never ridden a real motorcycle,

or maybe the did and decided they would look

cooler on a parade float.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.