Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
One report (a story at AMA Soup http://www.amasuperbike.com/russellingravecondit.htm) I read said both bones in his arm were shattered. They do not yet know if there is nerve damage. He does have feeling in his fingers, but there is a lot of swelling in the tissue.

I have to say, if Scott told the team owner's he'll be back soon, he probably will. Besides, there is no AMA racing for almost 2 months (next round May 4-6 at Sears Point). So there's a lot of time to recuperate.

Good luck Scott, hope it doesn't sound as bad as some of the reports.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Good point Biaggi. I mistakenly thought he was paddling/pedaling/walking the bike off the grid. But after I watched it, you could clearly see that he was coasting.

Still, he probably should have stayed in a straight line, and put his hand up, really high, waving it. From the tape, it looked like he might have thought there was nobody there, as he suddenly steered further over, then you can see his body language as he sees the bike coming at him.

Don Emde (former racer and Daytona winner) posted comments at AMA Soup that were interesting. But I think he was also mistaken like I was, Scott was not actively trying to push the bike off the grid, just steering towards that side.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.