Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20 years. eh? It would take some 'motorcyclists' 576.9 years to achieve the same distance.

Figured at 50 miles a week + 6 months off every 4 years due to battery replacement.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Ahh, John Hermann - "The King of the Alps" as he is known in BMW-MOA land. See Whitehorse - he has written a couple of books.

I checked BMW MOA website for High Mileage Awards. John joins Lyle Grimes, James Klas, David McQueeney (1,250,000), Ray Randolph, Ray Sewell & Dave Swisher (1,250,000) in the million mile club - all on BMW bikes, natch.

John and above have indeed been busy - and in a decidedly non-kookalogical way.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Congrats to John Hermann! My paltry 600K miles over 31 years (on Harleys and BMWs) of riding pales in comparison and means, to me at least, that I've got to go riding more! But alas, since my mileage is over 2 brands (and I don't count the Yamaha, Kawi and Honda's because I just don't remember), no fancy trophy, but do have some nice callouses on my ass! John, go out and do it again!!!

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
kgrumpy you're funny. Actually now that I have my new Icon Hooligan Motorcycle Pants I put on 200 miles this weekend. The pants make all the difference.. I'll pass the 30,000 mark on my 01 Ninja soon...I am sure that is more miles than you get on your Honda 50 around your "second home" trailers in your compound. Someday you might want to ride outside the compound. :)

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
I thought you hadn't yet broken-into the teens as recently as six-to-eight-months ago? So, "pass the 30,000 mark on my 01 Ninja soon" must actually mean "pass the 30,000 mark on my 01 Ninja in 2013".

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
A buddy of mine is a million mile club member. He rode from WV to the Arctic Circle and back on a Dyna T-sport. Yes, he lives in the North Eastern Mts of WV. Not the easiest place to put miles one a motorcycle, 'specially when the snow flies. A whole lot different than San Diego. Rode his new BMW GS through a deer, had it rebuilt (not the deer) and rode it (not the deer) for another 100,000 miles. Guys like him an Mr. Hermann are a different breed. Lots a fun to sit and have a beer with. The world is a better place having such characters around.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
There is nothing "logical" about The Kook.

I know what you meant, though.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
How would you contact him? He'd never be home to answer the phone........

;^D

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
I just realized; I was so busy kook-bashing I forgot to say "Congrats!"

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
I think I said 27,000 miles kpigeon...

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Just member 1 Chicago mile (i.e. the Miracle Mile of State Street right?) = .001 Puget Sound mile.. Sorry that I missed you at the Capital Grill on Tuesday. Chicago doesn't have HOV lanes do they? That's not very progressive. My Taxi had to battle the regular traffic. They probably want folks to use CTA. I will next time..

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Taxi? That's not very Eko-minded. You kouldn't jog? Those things are run hard, put-away wet (if they indeed ever DO get put away!). Probably the most pollutants per mile of any vehikle on the road.

"Ask NOT what your Kountry kan do for your Kook - ask what your Kook kan do for your Kountry..........."

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
And I thought it was 1 Kooklometer = 10 longmiles..........

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
No, I seem to remember a number roughly half that. And you were bragging on it - that's why it sticks in my mind.

I don't really give a shyte, to tell you the Truth. If I did, I'd actually expend energy to find your statement and link to it to prove you wrong, yet again.

·
Registered
68 Posts
A million miles mainly on rental bikes?

So... two trips a year since 1975 is about 63 trips, averaging about 15873 miles per trip. To do that kind of mileage per trip, I'm guessing each is about a month.

Must be nice.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.