Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week is the San Diego Pride celebration, and I joined about 75 other women for a little ride through the Hillcrest neighborhood of San Diego today. If you want to see a few pics of Women in the Wind, WomenMoto, and just everyone, take a look here!

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Ahhh, San Diego. They've cleaned it up a little too much for my taste. I miss strolling down Broadway skirting around the pick-pockets, *****s and drunks in the good old days. Now it's like Disneyland, with that big mall in the middle of downtown. How many people showed up for the ride? Did San Diego's finest stand around giving tickets to everybody with a non-dot approved helmet? Ahh, nice stuff there Sachi...

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not that bad. Broadway is still full of scurrilous people - they are just all lawyers now, like me. :)

I think at least 75 women (and about 60 bikes) showed up. It was a good crowd! And because it was a parade, we didn't need to wear helmets at all.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"It was a good crowd! And because it was a parade, we didn't need to wear helmets at all."

Not wearing a helmet kinda sets a bad example for the young'uns, especially from the "Safety Queen" :)

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
"It was a good crowd! And because it was a parade, we didn't need to wear helmets at all."

Not wearing a helmet kinda sets a bad example for the young'uns, especially from the "Safety Queen" :)
The safety atty was totally geared up.

I did a nice 130 mile loop up to Lake Henshaw. I missed out on the parade.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would have liked to take a longer ride, too. Oh well - I'm out doing a little clean-up wiring on my 599. I'll be going up to Maryhill for the GPNDG in a couple weeks, so the rats nest under the fender needs to be tied down a bit better.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ha. The reason I wore all that crap was because we didn't have a chase truck. Last year we all put our helmets and all in the truck; this year I had no place to keep it except on me!

Oh well!

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Cool Sachi..looks like a good place to pick up chics...." so darlin" what part of lesbania are you from?..I hear it's really nice there this time of year...".....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.