Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
They got top ranking in this months Cycle World modular helmet review. And they were by far the most expensive. Surprising you got such s deal on them, they only very recently reentered th US market.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
I found C3's on Revzilla for $499 plus shipping. This is the previous generation model, apparently the Pro is the new design.
Schuberth C3 Pro: a better flip-front | RideApart

Like you, once I used Nolan's Microlock retention system, the "D" ring setup looked primitive. With Microlock you adjust the general length of the strap once, and from then on it's just a matter of sliding the tab into the clip. You've still got an inch or two of adjustment to play with depending on how snug you want it to fit. The only downside is you can't use typical bike helmet locks that rely on the D ring.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
I liken geering up for a motorcycle ride to geering up to scuba dive. Everything is put on or attached in the proper sequence. I.E. gloves go on last. I knew of quick release adapters for d ring fasteners but felt it was not worth the cost for a minor inconvenience. My roadster has a helmet lock on the side of the bike and the d ring attaches it. I won't be able to use it with the new one. I also have no problem using previous generation items especially if the work and the difference in design is not so revolutionary that going with the new gen is a no-brainier. Luckily the new helmet fits perfectly. Who says I'm not lucky.
I'm so weird I have to put my gloves on in a certain order. Left glove first, THEN the right glove. It's stupid, but there it is.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
I like the Schuberth, especially at the great price JM got his for. But my next lid will probably be another Nolan; the N104. According to the marketing hype they've vastly improved the ventilation (the 102's worst attribute), the chinbar is designed to be low-drag when in the open position, and I've always appreciated the easy removal and machine-washability of the liner. Right now they're selling for around $350, but the last two I bought were the previous generation model, so I got them for under $300.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
I can tell you Kmo. I've owned 3 Nolans and 2 Schuberths. The quality isn't even close.

If the C3 fits your head, buy it. The Nolan is a good helmet but garbage compared to the Schuberth.
You've confused price with value. I've handled and tried on Schuberths; they aren't double the price better than a Nolan, not even close. But then again, you've always been a California Fashionista who is more hung up on brand and image than utility and quality. If you were a chick you'd be carrying a $1,000 designer purse and wearing Prada shoes.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
You may want to wait until next year. They are coming out with a new model called the Blindster. It is the first helmet designed with built in equine blinders to provide cover for the wearer's refusal to understand the truth. Any truth.
You should have held out for the upcoming Schuberth "Conspiratorist." It's made completely out of tin-foil.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Yes my dear retarded older brother. But the Schuberth is now on sale for half price which makes it a great value.

If it fits your head (I'm not sure they make size PIN), it is oodles better than a Nolan.

I'm currently wearing a Nolan BTW. The C3 didn't fit my noggin.
Mom said I am NOT "retarded." I'm "special."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.