Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Funny, the LAPD's still on old creaky Kawi's and a few new Harleys.

I say put 'em all on servi-cycles. They hold more doughnuts anyway...

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
gotta love the police brain: the BMW is the Ferrari of motorcycles.

It is a great system, tho. Write lots of tickets so as to get cool new toys, the better with which to write more tickets. Truly a perpetual motion machine.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
...um, no. But I've been TOLD that there ARE facts and data that support the numbers.

I am concerned that if I do not follow blindly I won't be considered open-minded and progressive. If I question the facts my views will be outside of the mainstream.

I don't want that to happen!

·
Registered
127 Posts
What's the big deal? There is no story to this story. The CHP started moving to Beemers around 1998, and around the same time San Francisco began retiring their Kawis for Harleys. Harleys and Guzzis have been used in the past by various police departments, so the ebb and flow of brands is nothing new. Do we really care if Austin's police department switches from Impalas to Crown Victorias, or from Mustangs to Camaros for interceptors (or vice versa?) No. This is a non-story.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Please excuse Buzz for submitting this story. He's a known board troublemaker. I will make sure each and every story that he submits gets your approval before I would even think of putting it up. Thanks for your wonderful input here on MO. How's that JB??

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
You don't fool anyone. We know that you are scanning the skies for black helicopters and gray aliens at this moment!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Try as you will you will never atone for being an Evil Capatilist Oppressor(tm) and forcing thousands of innocent squids to own mtorcycles that break in half as the Suzuki CEO laughs quietly and twirls his moustache.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
I guess your analogy would be a little better if it were about motorcycles instead of cars.

I think stories that are written by reporters that clearly have no knowledge about motorcycles can invite some humorous posts from some of the regulars here.

Didn't mean to ruin your day by submitting a motorcycle story on a motorcycle site.

Now I'm going to go get on my Harley, the Ford of motorcycles.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Bike kpaulPPI

Kawasaki EX500 73.70

Suzuki GS500F 56.84

Buell Firebolt 88.20

Kawasaki ZX-6R 96.71

Triumph 675 95.59

Ducati 748 71.93

BMW Police 1200RT 57.99

Harley Police Electra Glide 44.22

Suzuki GSX-R750 100.00 (standard)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.