Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
I picked up an '06 Tuono and love it. It's plenty fast, eats up corners and definitely exotic where I live. I've watched people practically snap their necks trying to get a peek at it as I zipped past :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
"I would really like reliable as Ducati valve jobs are no fun."

Get a -used- 2 valve duc (monster) .. they're reliable and not too expensive to maintain.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Amen bruthah. I've got 5 street legal bikes, and you can't pry me off the City cross. Use it for everything...

All it needs is a big chrome lugage rack.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Another Buellista......

Go. Ride. The. Lightning.

Find a way to test drive the XB12 Lightning, and maybe the SS version. (2 inches longer, bigger seat, relaxed ergos...)

Big goofy smile on your face all the time, comfortable, and more bike than most of us will EVER be able to use 100%.

Shiny side up!

·
Registered
145 Posts
If you feel like going the naked way and already have a good experience with KTM, check out the SuperMoto. The SpeedTriple is also a great bike but should be a bit softer. (Never ridden the SuperMoto but it gets great reviews everywhere).

Me personally would go for the 06' CBR1000RR, an amazing ride and I'm seriously thinking about getting one next year. The R1 isn't far off behind it, but they'll come up with a new 07' model that probably will be better all around and resemble the gorgeous new R6 so if you can wait...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Since it appears that funding is not a problem for you, get the Duc, buy some tools, get a DVD instructional disc, and enjoy the gratification and bragging rights of performing the valve adjustments yourself. The complexity of this is highly overstated.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.