Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Looking at those old chopped up panheads and shovelheads makes me cringe. God only knows how many knuckles, pans and shovels were ruined during the 70's chopper craze. Gooseneck one and watch the value plummet. Idiots. Left stock a knuckle or a pan is worth far more than any chop job. Even shovels are getting that way.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
I like this bike, love my Shovelhead, and really like the "Bobber" fad over those stupid fatassed "customs" that all look the same. At least they're somewhat functional.

But I'm confused: as far as I know, Harley was not making hardtail frames in 1981. I thought their last hardtail was decades before then when the "Duo-Glide" was introduced. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
872 Posts
I wouldn't ride it because it doesn't have Ohlin's shocks.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
How about if me and the boyz come check it out after you buy it bro?. We'll be in the black Chevy van about 3 in the mornin'.......

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
That's one fine lookin' motorsikkle there, I'd have used a Sporty tank and drag pipes but that's just nit-picking. It's gotta' be a weld on hardtail or else they're tagging it off the motor numbers. It's not an "81 hard tail"

Maybe they're 81 supporters and just wanted to get a plug in.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Reward one of the fastest men on the planet with an ill handling drum brake equipped unsuspended POS. Who's trying to kill him? And did he just get back from south florida, white shoes and a white belt? If he digs it, cool. I'd rather use it as a boat anchor...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.