Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
I can't resist

Neat concept, still would like to try one out for the fun of it. Our local police have some to use during festivals, arts shows, concerts etc.

I wonder how long it will take Kpaul to link to the pictures of Georgie falling off his segway ;)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Has there been a bigger bust than this thing? All the hype in the world... for that? excuse me?

This just in, people go to work in cars, because they don't have to change clothes once they get there.

No one is gonna ride one of these things to work every day. It's was a dumb idea from the begining.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Bombs Away!

How about we carpet bomb Iraq with Segways, so they can all bore themselves to death?

The only thing worse than dropping millions of Segways, on a sovereign nation, would be dropping millions of Volvos. We'd either get tried for war crimes, or illegal dumping.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Segway is a 2-wheel Hummer

Look at me, look at me. That's right, I'm cool, hip, on the cutting edge. Do you dig me? Can't you tell that I'm loaded? Yeah, that's right, I've got money to burn. Just look at this 2 wheel POS I just burned 3 grand on. How many of you have a toy like this. I'm just basking in my own glory. Aren't I great with my Segway. Wait a minute. What the hellll am I going to do with this goofy POS anyway? Can I have my money back,.......Please?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Re: Bombs Away!

As a former Victor owner you of all people should have some respect for reliability. A few years ago my dad's 94 year old neighbor had to sell her 1984 volvo because of macular degeneration. I never liked Volvos but it was such a creampuff for two grand that I bought it with plans to sell it for a profit. It is slow, but it handles much better than you would think. It has the turning radius of a forklift, and can be easily parallel parked in a space about 6 inches longer that it is. It is also the most COMFORTABLE car I have ever driven. I always used to travel long distances on my old GS because it was easier on my back than any car. That has changed since I got the old 240 DL. It is also as dependible as the sun, and just may last forever. I have since dispenced with all of my other four wheeled conveyances, and will probably keep the Volvo untill I'm too old to drive. Now if I can just get that Converse Engineering kit for the 302 HO engine swap it would be perfect. One old Victor owner to another you really ought to try one sometime. VWW

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Time Warp - 2005 Segway annonuces Chapter 13!

Well, maybe if they get the price down to about $299.95 they'll have something.

Too bad the thing is already banned in many jurisdictions.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Funny, I just saw one of these for the first time yeterday! Some old dude cruising down the sidewalk.

The thing that gets me about these things is that they aren't much faster than walking. Remember that! The reason we have legs! How about a little excercise to keep the American obesity monster at bay! I'm sorry, but if I were that concerned about fuel economy,I'd walk. Either that or ride a scooter. The are twice as fast, way more fun, and you can pick one up for way less. Now, what was that analogy about Segways and fat chicks....

·
Registered
28 Posts
How much chrome can you get for a Segway?

Is there an aftermarket catalog available anywhere? I am thinking ape hangers, slash cut pipes and one of those cool sissy bars - the kind we saw on the famous "captain america" bike in easyrider. Then, I might consider plunking down some coin....

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.