1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
You think Seth will get off that easy?

·
Registered
2 Posts
A search of the Bradenton Herald archives shows that Sergeant Mathews was killed in a collision with another motorcycle while attending the Sturgis rally last August. Why this shows up in an Australian publication three months later is anybody's guess.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
It's quite different when a private citizen kills a govt official than when a govt official kills a private citizen, as you will see as this story evolves.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The craptastic reporting was from an Aussie source unfamiliar with US geography. I don't think we can fault them for that.

Somehow the fact that a well-known freestyler was involved in this Sturgis, SD crash on August 11 went unreported by the US media. Here's an article from the Sarasota Herald Tribune about the Bradenton, FL officer killed in the crash.
Hundreds attended a funeral Friday for Mathews, a Bradenton police officer who died Aug. 11 in a motorcycle accident while on vacation with his wife, Lisa, at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota.

Lisa Mathews saved for a year to surprise her husband with a vacation to celebrate their 19th wedding anniversary and his 40th birthday.

The couple rented a Harley-Davidson motorcycle and were riding near Sturgis when another motorcycle turned in front of them. Mathews was unable to avoid the collision and died at the scene. Lisa Mathews had minor injuries.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I thought this was more interesting from that site:

"Future looks rosy for Blue two-strokes"

Anybody else report that Honda would no longer produce 2 stroke MX bikes?

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I thought this was more interesting from that site:

"Future looks rosy for Blue two-strokes"

Anybody else report that Honda would no longer produce 2 stroke MX bikes?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I got this little bit of info from the Discovery Channel website. It appears that Seth Enslow is not dead as pplasm states, although I was able to find internet rumors to that effect.

":: SEPT. 20, 2006 PREMIERES ::

MOTORCYCLE VS. AIRPLANE

Seth Enslow is known worldwide as the biggest, baddest motocross jumper around. He's fearless and a little bit crazy. In this never-before-attempted stunt, Seth will test his limits and abilities at the Mojave Airport "boneyard," a desert rest home for vintage airplanes. Seth will endeavor to jump a classic 880 Convair, the only one of its kind in the United States. But he won't be jumping wing to wing; Seth will try to jump from the plane's tail to its nose. The tail stretches over 30 feet high and to make it over, Seth will be jumping on one of the largest takeoff ramps in the world. He'll have to launch at about 70 miles per hour and fly close to 200 feet from takeoff to landing.

Premiere: Sept. 20, 2006 "

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.