Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
I know she won't admit it, but i think I am having a profound effect on Sachi. Speaking what you feel will set you free! Too bad everyone is so bunged up these days, they can't even fake it correctly.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Well, the truth makes lots of people ill. People are happier when they are in thier own little world where the truth never touches them. I'm not afraid to call bullshyt on anyone.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
And I'll leave you to your delusions. Just remember, it's all route planning and time management! :rolleyes:

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
I understand that certain things in LD riding can be done with your style. What I am telling you is that the people that finish at the top of the Iron Butt are not using your style. To do well you need to speed and sleep deprive. It is as common in Iron Butt as steroids in bodybuilding. I don't need to rat on these people. They rat on themselves! That is reality. I think you know that is reality. I know you do the events, but you will never, ever place well or win without doing the things they supposedly are against. That is why the whole event is B.S. You know that stuff exists, and the Iron Butt people do too, yet they act oblivious to it. I'm just speaking what everyone else, including yourself, knows. I really have no real desire to do that type of riding. When I tour, I have found that 300 to 400 miles a day is perfect. I can get where I want to go, and actually enjoy all the things to see and do along the way. I have done multiple high-mileage days as necessary, but I found them mind-numbing and boring. I appreciate the fact that you stick to the rules of the event, but I would say that most don't, and especially the people that finish at the top, which makes it a sham in my book. It is very much like the roided up baseball players setting home run records. Nice, but fake. I am not as much a skeptic as a realist. It would be nice if the Iron Butt kept it real.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Since I have quoted more than one source of Iron Butt riders who have admitted speeding with little sleep, I guess there is no convincing you. Just think, there really wasn't a steroid problem in baseball until they actually looked. Everybody knew then too, but never said anything. Keeping your head in the sand about it doesn't make it go away. They can't make those kinds of mileages with normal riding.You have also (finally) grudgingy admitted that Iron Butt riders speed. I can easily prove my point by just following one of the leaders around. Certainly not worth my while, but it can be easily proven. Lets take the Bun Burner Gold. 1500 miles in 24 hours. That averages out to 62.5 mph for the entire 24 hours. So tell me again how there is no speeding and no sleep deprivation. The funny part is some of the Iron Butt guys do this more than one day in a row. Like my old Chief used to say, I might be dumb, but I'm not stupid.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
I got it now. Not sleeping really isn't sleep deprivation, and traveling faster than the speed limit isn't really speeding. Got it. I see now. I just fail to understand simple shyt like that. That has been my problem my whole life is that I don't really understand the concepts of what we are discussing. Kind of Clinton saying he really didn't have sex with 'that woman' because there was no penetration involved. Natch. Now that you explained all that to me, then you are right, there is no speeding or sleep deprivation. Hell, you don't even get tired either! Well there ya have it. You were right all along!

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"Same with "sleep deprivation." Where's the danger if you're alert? You don't need eight hours of sleep at your regular time to stay awake and alert, particularly on a 24 hour ride."

I fugured you would say that. Taken from Wiki:

According to a 2000 study published in the British Medical Journal, researchers in Australia and New Zealand reported that sleep deprivation can have some of the same hazardous effects as being drunk.[16] People who drove after being awake for 17-19 hours performed worse than those with a blood alcohol level of .05 percent, which is the legal limit for drunk driving in most western European countries (the U.S. and UK set their blood alcohol limits at .08 percent). In addition, as a result of continuous muscular activity without proper rest time, effects such as cramping are much more frequent in sleep-deprived individuals.

Your words, my truth.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"I don't deny that sleep deprivation exists or that it has effects."

Okay, so you already admitted speeding, and now this. Are we there yet?? :)

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
You can do the coke in front of the judge, just as long as you do it safely and take care to minimize its effects! :)

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
If you happen to show up at this nuthouse, just about anything can break loose. That's what makes it cool.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts