Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Wait, before you sell it, go through the procedures and the physical therapy first. We have all seen plenty of examples of people making incredible recoveries or just working around obstacles in life.

If you want to sell it, go ahead. But you seem pretty early on in the recovery process (surgeries seem to still be going on) to just give up.

I'd hold onto the bike and see what life has in store for you. You might be surprised.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Like I said, if you want to sell it, go ahead (especially if you need to pay some bills). But everyone on this forum has seen remarkable things from people with devastating injuries.

We have seen a guys loose an arm and was still able to reconfigure the controls and his prosthetic to allow him to work the controls and maintain balance in a safe way.

We have seen people lose a leg and find a way to keep there balance and rework the controls.

We have seen paraplegics strap themselves onto bikes, strap their feet to their pegs, rework the controls and ride on the street and an off-road course.

I don't want to trivialize your injury, and I don't know the pain and ongoing issues you will need to put up with, but it is possible to keep the bike and ride safely. I just think you might be making a decision before you know how this will end.

If you enjoy riding it is possible to continue on (whether it is with this bike or with another in the future).

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
I think MO has finally infected Sachi with the bitterness and general impatience that seems to infect the rest of us!!

Welcome sister! Come join the rest of us, the beer is great and the chips and dip are superb.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
I think Sachi was responding to another post. She has a hard time posting in the right spot at times.

She's a lawyer and a techno geek...but can't figure out how to post responses, yet.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
The motion picture you are about to witness may startle you. It would not have been possible, otherwise, to sufficently emphasize the frightful toll of the new drug menace which is destroying the youth of America in alarmingly increasing numbers. Marihuana is that drug - a violent narcotic - an unspeakable scourge - The Real Public Enemy Number One!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts