Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
debating on which helmet might work better for me.

the rf1000 is extremely light and fits me nicely (I have more of an oval head than anything).

the shark rsr 2 is sooo soft inside, offers nice venting, and has a great visor mechanism.
it's a tad heavier than the shoei (1600 vs 1400g) and a tad pricier. also i red that it was geared more towards round heads.

i was only able to try a small size rsr 2 which was too small for me (i wear medium).

i'm looking for a helmet that is well ventilated yet quiet but foremost something that will sustain high speed runs without causing excessive neck fatigue.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I got an Arai AstralX off of ebay for $250 after trying on several helmets at a local dealer. It's one of the lightest helmets and fits my head well. I'd advise you go try helmets on for size and not buy one sight unseen.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
How are the Scorpions for ventilation?

While I love my ARAI Signet, the price for a replacement has me looking at the EXO-700, which seems to fit my economy-sized melon.

Riding in this morning, while it was "raining steam", was really hard on the styling gel!

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Definatly buy on fit. I have a Shoei head so that's what I stick with, I have a new Multi Tec flip front that I'm pretty happy with. My passenger helmet that my daughters use is an RF1000 and my last helmet was an RF900. Before I bought the Shoei I tried on a Shark, Scorpion and Soumy which were nice but the Shoei fit my pun'kin the best.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
debating on which helmet might work better for me.

the rf1000 is extremely light and fits me nicely (I have more of an oval head than anything).

the shark rsr 2 is sooo soft inside, offers nice venting, and has a great visor mechanism.
it's a tad heavier than the shoei (1600 vs 1400g) and a tad pricier. also i red that it was geared more towards round heads.

i was only able to try a small size rsr 2 which was too small for me (i wear medium).

i'm looking for a helmet that is well ventilated yet quiet but foremost something that will sustain high speed runs without causing excessive neck fatigue.
absolutely. and I did try both, they seem equally nice. the shark interior is awesome (eventhough the one i tried was just a tad too tight, i think the medium would work perfectly). the rf1000 feel amazing as well, extremely light on my head.

so it basically comes down to ventilation/high speed stability which unfortunately i can't really test at a store.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the EXO-700 and absolutely love it. I have the cash to own any of the Shoe/Shark/Arai brands but I just prefer the fit and comfort of the EXO-700 and it comes stock with fog guard shield that works amazingly. If you have not tried one on you really should.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the EXO-700 and absolutely love it. I have the cash to own any of the Shoe/Shark/Arai brands but I just prefer the fit and comfort of the EXO-700 and it comes stock with fog guard shield that works amazingly. If you have not tried one on you really should.
ya I've heard good things about Scorpion helmets. I haven't tried one yet, price looks good, design is a bit more loaded than the RSR2 or RF1000 IMO though I do like it.

The EXO-1000 looks really cool, I just can't seem to get past the 5 color choices available... I've got 2 KBC helmets, black and gun metal (VR7 and VR2) and need something a bit more colorful.
Also the pump type design scares me a bit... reminiscence of a bad pair of shoes I used to own!

·
Banned
174 Posts
Here is site that I use for Helmet compares. I have the RF1000.. I liked my RF800 better. The 1000 is lighter, better vents, but the 800 fit me a little better and was slightly quieter I think :) Definitely go to a big motorcycle shop and try them on and walk around for awhile.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.