Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Cool. I wonder how much this thing weighs. Batteries are heavy.

I'm not surprised that he's faster 0-60 than expensive sports cars. You just can't beat an electric motor's torque curve - maximum torque at 0 rpm. I'm a little surprised that he managed to beat them in the 1/4 mile. Most likely he got way ahead at the start but the Ferrari/Porsche were catching up to him after that.

·
Registered
473 Posts
thank you

thank you, thank you, thank you ... an essay of this sort is LONG overdue.

go to any motorcycle bulletin board and you will find tales of "bravery" among motorcyclists who have stood up to cagers by kicking doors or yelling or flicking ball bearings over their shoulder (when being tail-gated).

of course, you don't hear from the ones who have been mowed down by a buick in retribution.

each and every time i swing a leg over my bike i make myself a promise: i will NOT lose my cool. in more than 30 years of riding i have not always kept that promise, but most of the time i do.

the stakes are just too high. your 500-pound bike is no match for a pickup truck, no matter what. they may end up in jail, but your wife/husband/kids won't care, because you will be six feet under.

if someone cuts you off. or tailgates you. or does something else stupid ... for heaven's sake, just shine it on. get yourself out of harm's way and live to ride another day.

thanks again for a great essay. i'm gonna tell all my friends and tell 'em to subscribe if they haven't already.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
The article mentioned a quarter ton of batteries. With that in mind, from the looks of the car about 1800 lbs. It's no wonder that is out accelerated the Ferrari and the Porsche.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
IT'S A CAR!!!!. Get back with me when they get those electric bike guys on the Aussie's page.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Fast is neat but who drive a hundred miles the refuels for four and a half hours? Why not sacrifice 75 pounds of battery, stick in one of those little Honda generators, keep the drive pure electric but charge as needed as it goes. Don't have to look for a plug that'll make a gas pump seem cheap by then.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.