Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would shortening the stock pipes/muffler on a 82 yamaha 400 have a significant affect on performance if any? please help if you can, because when i had the pipes separated(on the bottom where they connect) there was a big decrease in performance...not sure if shortening would make it worse,i need to shorten them because they hit the axle(3 wheeler axle on rear) and rub on the tires.PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Probably nothing a Factory brand jetkit and some extensive Dyno time won't cure.

:cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i went ahead and did it,and it seems fine if not better than before,i may need to richen it up a bit,thanks guys your the only forum who actually replied to me on this :eek:

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Well i went ahead and did it,and it seems fine if not better than before,i may need to richen it up a bit,thanks guys your the only forum who actually replied to me on this :eek:
You NEED to post more picks of the bike when you have it up and running. It is a hideous looking monster and looks dangerous as hell. And I mean that in the best possible way!

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Ok will do,i mounted a snowmobile front shock on the rear and gained about 8 inches of travel,it looks sweet.
It'll Never Work!

(sorry, just giving you a little extra "naysayer" encouragement)

Ride A Horse!!

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Wow!

I'd put the number to the nearest ambulance service on your speed-dial!

My dinky little Honda 200X 3-wheeler did everything it could to launch me over the bars. That is, when it wasn't trying to tear my shoes off and shoot them down the hill.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
That Is.......

........probably the Coolest bike ever to be posted to MO..........

You DO have a Living Will, don't you?

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Wow!

I'd put the number to the nearest ambulance service on your speed-dial!

My dinky little Honda 200X 3-wheeler did everything it could to launch me over the bars. That is, when it wasn't trying to tear my shoes off and shoot them down the hill.
The 200x was a sweet ride. Not quite the 250R but still a fun trike. Too bad the safety nazi's killed them off. Keeping them from highsiding WAS the fun part.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Simply awesome! I agree with Airhawk. That looks like a fun little deathtrap you've got there.

Keep in mind, though, that MO's forum is filled with the strangest group of f**k-ups and freaks. So, take our grinning approval with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
The 200x was a sweet ride. Not quite the 250R but still a fun trike. Too bad the safety nazi's killed them off. Keeping them from highsiding WAS the fun part.
My riding buddy had the 250R. After seeing him flying through the air a couple times (without the bike), I decided that not only did I not want to own one, but I didn't even want to ride one. We said it had an "ambush" power curve.

It seemed to delight in getting sideways and lifting one or more tires off the ground. Which, to those who have experienced a three-wheeler, is fine. However, it is almost impossible to survive the landings when you're sideways.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mine has around the same hp as a Liquid 250r(about 40) its not the same quick and snappy two stroke power, but it has alot of low end torque and when you open her up she goes pretty good.And thanks for the interesting comments on it lol.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Jeezuz, that thing probably handles like a whelbarrow full of bowling balls falling down a flight of stairs. But I dig it. See what too much beer and a welding torch will do?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.