Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
"Held there"? As in hold that RPM whilst riding, or in yer driveway? Does it do it faster at a higher RPM or at large-amount of throttle-opening?

Can it rev OVER 5500? Or is that like a "Wall"?

And "shuts off"? Like you hit the kill switch, or "stumble.... sput.... sputter..... die......"?

Does it restart immediately, or you have to wait awhile?

Ambient temps affect it (does it less when cold outside, more in summer, etc.)?

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Open the carb drains and let the gas drain out of the float bowls. Catch the drainage in a container and look at it to see if it's got crud and/or water in it. If it does you should pull off the tank and flush it out. Then try running some carb cleaner in the gas. See what happens after a tankful. It may require cleaning the carbs which will require removing them.

I hope you have a manual. They are invaluable.

Let us know.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Open the carb drains and let the gas drain out of the float bowls. Catch the drainage in a container and look at it to see if it's got crud and/or water in it. If it does you should pull off the tank and flush it out. Then try running some carb cleaner in the gas. See what happens after a tankful. It may require cleaning the carbs which will require removing them.

I hope you have a manual. They are invaluable.

Let us know.
Dammit seru! I was gonna see if I could get him to finger-it-out fer hisself, fercrissakes! :cool:

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Due to the Zink shortage of 2000, some Katanyas used mohagany carburator bodies, that while nice to look at, were subject to termite infestation. Check for "kick out" on top of the cases, and have Terminex tent the bike for a week. One warning, the chloral bromide insecticide might discolor the paint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.