Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
No surprise that SI just discovered Vale. No sport that isn't dominated by American's is really a sport in the US, right? Look at the Tour de France; Lance doesn't race anything else (BORING). Sure it's a heart warming story about coming back from cancer, and it certainly isn't exactly easy to win the Tour, but it is getting a bit obnoxious seeing 50lb overweight guys going 5 mph on carbon everything Lance-sig Treks and stretching out their Postal Service replica jerseys.

What do I want to see? Tons of US coverage of kick ass motoracing in general, especially MotoGP. Colin and Nicky are kicking ass this season and they have to race by turning both left and right ( I know, NASCAR is soooo cool, how could I ever be BORED with it?). Perhaps Monterey will be a continual venue, so that next year, I can pull my head out and get tickets in time....

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can see it now. Rossi in a badass beanie helmet, sleeveless tight leather vest, and fringed leather-assless chaps roaring around the track in last place while deafening the crowd with his aftermarket pipes. That'd be *****in' man!

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
You don't get soccer, Buz?? Riots in the stands that make them fall and kill lots of people. Getting drunk before the match, and finding people wearing the opposing jerseys and beating the ***** out of em. Chasing a referee that made a bad call, and running his car off a cliff. What's not to like??

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
So I wasn't the only one who really wanted to go and waited until the last minute to not get a ticket!

They sold out last Friday. The gal at the Lugana Seca ticket office said it's the first time it's ever happened. I'm sure she meant for a motorcycle race. Anyway, it shocked me. There's like a square mile of dirt to sit on and they can't squeeze a few thousand more in?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
OK. This is simple. Offsides means the offense kicks the ball past the opposing teams last defender on the opposing teams side when the kicker was past the halfway line... OK, when the offense kicks the ball past the last defender, except the goalie, on the opposing teams half of the field and can score easily, but isn't supposed to because...OK, OK, no, I got it...when the defense is defending their goal and an offensive player kicks the ball past the last defender in the back third of the field by about 10 feet. It may not be 10 feet. I think it's when the linesman is perpendicular to the last defender and sees the ball being kicked over his head to the fast break guy...They should allow fast breaks in soccer.

·
Registered
771 Posts
First off... no game end 0-0, they end nil-nil. Some type of Euro-snobery.

Second, unless I've missed some episode of world wildest police videos, there hasn't been a good riot in Chi-town for afew years. Allthough I haven't heard about any of Longrides friday night adventures.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.