Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Antique cj750 sidecar dealer wanted

We are specializes in sidecars, since most of our customers are foreigners and with the growth of intense competition in domestic market, we want to find some dealers in other countries. who must be a foreigner and very interested in sidecars .To know more about us please visit our website. welome . It's a good chance to do something which you like and profitable. I think most of the people here are must be motorcycle enthusiasts. so if you are interested in this please e-mail me.
Or e-mail to [email protected]
contact person: Ava

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Do you ship to Nigeria? I have a lot of money in the bank there, I'll contact my solicitor, Mr. Joseph Mugubabaweya of the Royal Lagos Bank of Commerce

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
I'm supposed to get my cut from a Nigerian official in a few days. He needs a bank to deposit 10 million bucks and I get 20% after the deposit! All I had to do was give him my account numbers and SSN. I'll be richer than all you dopes soon! Suckers!

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
See, a Chang Jiang...was only a matter of time...it's got the trick R75 motor...with them new fangled overhead valves.

And the nigerian guy I'm dealing with is about to pay off like a slot machine. I'll have me a fleet o' them Chang Jiangs...

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
FYI I've sent three emails to this sidecar joint expressing interest in becoming a dealer of Chang Jiangs here in Kalifornia, but so far no answer. Maybe they know about the dreaded CARB & ARB testing procedures that puts a CJ on the dyno for 24 hours straight to see if she blows up or emits any HC2 out-of-spec gasses. Oh well....

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
FYI I've sent three emails to this sidecar joint expressing interest in becoming a dealer of Chang Jiangs here in Kalifornia, but so far no answer. Maybe they know about the dreaded CARB & ARB testing procedures that puts a CJ on the dyno for 24 hours straight to see if she blows up or emits any HC2 out-of-spec gasses. Oh well....
Heck, 24 hours might be all you get out of a CJ!

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
So we incorporate in FL, and back ship to CA. QED! :D

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
My response to Ava:

Dear Ava,

So what you are saying is, that you can document these motorcycles as being 25 years or older, to get around the DOT & CARB regulations for the importation of the motorcycles.

The group I represent is more interested in the M1 version of the Chang Jiang (Flathead series 1), picture attached.

I am a Customs Broker in Los Angeles and well versed in the importation of motor vehicles. Customs here in Los Angeles has a list of frame numbers from the Chinese Government that identifies Chang Jiangs that are over 25 years old. Do you have PLA models that are covered under these rules (no EPA, DOT or CARB filing)?

If so, how much can you offer us for six (6) series 1 M1 PLA Chang Jiangs with sidecar? Price FOB Los Angeles.

Thank you,
Matt Cuddy

Attachments

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Dude, these things are so frakkin' cool, I hope you can establish "Dealership" so I can buy one from you!

(of course, it'll be awhile again - just bought another bike yesterday!)

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Oh yeah - the OD CJ you pictured gives me W.O.O.D..........

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
And if you'll notice, the bike has Mikuni copies on it, instead of Chinese Bing's (Chings?). Ava sent me the price list, but didn't go into specifics about being able to produce documentary proof of the bikes being over 25 years old, so unless I get that, I'm not going to stick my neck out and have Randy Caravanas at the Auto Desk in Long Beach US Customs seize my Chang Jiang for the crusher.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
So, what did you buy?
It's a secret! But it's a sure bet, a certain overweight PacNW Kook has never ridden one, yet could certainly rank it........

·
Registered
956 Posts
Along the lines of the sidecar, there is a guy posting on ADV who is riding coast to coast and back again now! He's on his return trip, heading west. IIRC it's under regional rides. He's got issues.....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.