Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
I have a picture of my kid in the Manila Taxi when it was at the Del Mar show.

I always thought it would be cool to attach a silver and black sidecar to the Geezer Glide. If anyone's got an extra 8 grand lying around I'll be happy to do it.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I found that driving a sidecar was such a different experience from riding a standard M/C that, once I got over the adjustment the first time and was riding the sidecar right, I didn't have any trouble going back and forth.

Francis

·
Registered
52 Posts
Coupla years ago I happened to be in Buena Vista (that's bu-na-vis-ta, to you who are not Appalachians), Virginia at an annual aggregation of the hackers. Everything from 1940's style with H-D's, Indians, and Britbikes to the articulated kind that let's the bike lean, like without a hack. No real trailer queens, they all took to the road. These people are rabid about their chosen perversion. I was kinda amazed at how many showed up in big ticket Class A motorhomes. Is there some connection?

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Yes, I've driven a Cushman Super Eagle with a right mounted sidecar (sprung).

In fact, when the back-side (no pun intended) of Griffith Park was still open, I could really get that little bike moving, with a good monkey.

Remember, throttle on to turn left, throttle off to turn right. Or was it the other way around?

And the only time it ever made me feel Girly was when going down the Bee-Rock route. Of course Hulk Hogan on a Mach III with open chambers would feel girly on Bee-Rock too.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
We need some specifications on sidecars. Like the carrying capacity. A good standard would be how many cases of beer or Spanada will fit in one. Such information is critical.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ok, I gave it a quick google, but nothing is immediately forthcoming. What the hell is Spanada?

dictionary.com says:

spanada - No entry found for spanada. Suggestions:

spa-nada

spa-nada - No entry found for spa-nada, did you mean spa nada?

spa nada - No entry found for spa nada. Try looking up each word separately.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I drove a 45 Servi-car once, that was kinda' fun. The hardest thing to get used to was turning the forks to steer and not putting my foot down when I stopped.

Once it got going, between the little flattie pop-poping away and the springer fork /leaf spring rear/ springpost saddle all pogoing at once it was a real blast

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
"Waiter. There are snails on her plate! Take them away. This time bring us a good wine. One with a twist top. And bring me those little cheese sandwiches I asked for."

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.