Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
The first time I saw "hacks" race was in a timed climb up CA-Hwy 40 (Donner Pass). What a bunch of lunatics. I hate sitting on the back of a bike, let alone hanging my can 2" off the pavement.

Oh yeah, you get to climb from side to side on the straights to set up the next turn. The 200+ feet of verticle granite run off doesn't help the old confidence much either.

·
Registered
265 Posts
It comes around again! In 1951 there was a "riding double" class in desert Hare & Hound races, with sidecars somewhere around that time too. In one race I was in 10th place (riding solo) and thought I was doing great. I fell off going over a large rise and almost got run over by two guys riding double who were in 11th place overall. Now there was an impressive ride!

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
YEAH!

You keep up this lack of fresh stuff, and I'll go spend my next years' subscription on...

Lessee...

Three gallons of gas!

·
Registered
243 Posts
According to the site they have like 80 something submissions on standby... Is this really the best out of them, or have they just not finished shifting through them all?

They still got my money though, almost anything that ends up on this site I learn from, wither it be the actual article, or the posts that follow.

If nothing else, the village kook can be entertaining on a slow work day.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Maybe I was too subtle with my first paragraph, I was agreeing with you there, via dropping a hint. I want them to step it up and give us more, more, MORE.

The second paragraph was referring to pushrod's comments, not my acceptance of the status quo (it has been very slow lately). I've read several other forums and through none of them have I learned as much as here. (I don't even bother with them anymore.)

Just my thoughts, nothing more.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
"The boards here are the best. There are some incredibly intelligent and knowledgeable posters that alone make the price of admission worthwhile."

Roger that. Any board with only one major-league and a couple of minor-league a-holes is doing good.

Any chance of a stand-alone forum seperate from the news?

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
"Do Urals go that fast?"

Only when dropped from a C-130.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
I dunno. Lately it seems they've got the same engineers.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Unfortunately, there aren't really a whole bunch of motorcycle news related items very often. Summer is usually one of the down periods. Things really won't start heating up until September when the new bike release news starts coming through and the embargos are lifted. Other than that, however, MO could be spending more time doing bike reviews. There are no shortage of bikes out there to include in MO's quirky shootouts, but even then, it is incumbent upon MO to release these articles in a quicker manner than they do. There is an enourmous amount of turnaround time between getting the bikes, riding them, actually writing the article and then publishing them. MO really could use better organization and leadership on this level. Given MO's limited resources, however, they do an admirable job, and I know for a fact the Fonzie is overworked. To their credit, bringing Gabe on was a good move as his quality of writing hasn't been seen at MO since the JB era. Pete Brissette has also done an admirable job, and when Professor Hackworth lends a word, the analytical part of MO's stories really do shine. Nonetheless, there does need to be much better organization, and a more aggressive approach to putting out articles. Of course, I do not advocate MCNEWS's style of tabloid journalism, and I know Sean would never stoop to that level, as he does adhere to some sense of journalistic integrity, but I do think MO would benefit from hiring a managing partner who is capable of keeping the editor's feet to the fire.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts