Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Geeze -- there goes any chance of a MO test of the Alligator. Probably just as well -- can you imagine what a $40,000 motorcycle with a 650 single would do to KPauls Price/Performance ratio!

I DO hope that the said Buell was not flung by JB, Sean or any of the other MO staffers.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
The world's most successful motojournalist

Don't know that he is the most successful (depends, I guess, on one's definition of "success"), but he sure as hell is the most prolific -- seems like he writes for every European cycle magazine printed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well...at least his wedding package remained intact! ;-}

Or...did it?

Outta here...Charles (viper)

'00 RWB R1 #34...'cuz there can only be THE ONE.

'85 ZX900 Ninja...the mutha' of all modern sportbikes.

'03 FJR 1300...'cuz ya' gotta keep HER happy.

Click on link below to see my R1, FJR, and Ninja.

http://www.picturetrail.com/r1derbike/823464

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Wasn't me, and I saw JohnnyB ride the MO Buell to work today, so I guess at least MO's nose is clean on this one.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Serves him right for testing that piece of crap. If Gurney hadn't have produced the thing, I don't think anyone would have rushed to test it. What an ego, painting the bike like his boring glory days Eagle. Looks pretty drab in 2002.

If anyone spends $30-40,000 for a bent Honda XR with an ear-splitter exhaust, he deserves to have it thrown down the highway. Sorry Perry but you have more money than brains. Alan, get well soon. At least you wrecked on a bike that put your butt close to the ground.

·
Registered
409 Posts
With tongue removed from cheek, hope Alan gets well and back on two wheels soon!

Tongue back in cheek....

Hate to hear that he killed that alligator.....hope he gets well soon so we can have more stories about non-existent BMWs and more speculation straight out his own prolific and very active imagination....

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Don't know positively, but I seem to remember something about that happening. Of course, it doesn't seem to take too much to get that honor these days. Gotta be more knights running around England these days that in King Arthur's time. Personally, I think knights should be made to wear armour in public to keep up the image -- good for tourism and all that! Plus, maybe Sir Alan would not have broken his ankle.

Actually, I recall that he does have (or had) some very metallic looking leathers -- maybe that was inspired by his investiture into the knighthood!

·
Registered
32 Posts
It has 33,000 miles on her. Not burning much oil yet, but yes, the valves do need replaced with the hardened set for this Ninja! I had more trouble getting the carb diaphragms to stay in place (finally peened the diaphragm clamps) than anything else...

Outta here...Charles (viper)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
So why are we ragging on Gurney?

>>boring glory days Eagle<<

You got be be $hittin' me -- the Eagle has gotta be one of the best lookin' F1 racers ever built.

Ya gonna dump all over one of the most creative, innovative men in American motorsports 'cause he builds a bike that doesn't follow the model of every other bike built in the past 100 years. Sure, it ain't worth $30-40 grand, sure it has issues, but at least he has original ideas and the balls to put his own effin money, talent and reputation on the line to try it.

As for Perry, unlike a number of Hollywood poseurs trolling Sunset with their Ferraris, Ducs etc, he is a real motorhead who is not afraid to mix it up on a track and look foolish. With his money, spending $30-40 grand is no big thing -- Hell, some of his colleagues probably spend that in a month just on coke.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Re: So why are we ragging on Gurney?

Hey, Bozo, take a look at the bike that Gurney stole the ideas from. That was original. But, you gotta go lookin' to find it. I'm not gonna give you and clues. Well, ok, it had a Harley engine in it. Now, stop drinkin' so much coffee and calm down. You related to Dan or what? Sorry for the delay in posting a resonse. I didn't think it was worth following up on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.