Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allow me to be the first not to answer your question...

How much does your bike weigh? If you can't find what you're looking for, have you considered one of those racks that mounts to the trailer hitch? They're rated for 500 pounds. You didn't seem to say it HAD to be enclosed, so this might be an option if that's not critical.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got a Honda Element, I tried to put my Scorpa trials bike in it once, but the handlebars wouldn't fit through the back door, although it would of fit if I loosened the handlebars. I don't know how they would fit a motocrosser in there though.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I have used an old Toyota van to transport my CR250. Use a tie down to compress the forks. That van had 2 bench seats in the back for carrying lots of people when bikes weren't in there.

Also have used a long Ford Aerostar to transport 2 dirt bikes. Compress forks and put second bike in backwards.

You can get bumper carriers that slide into the hitch receiver. Some are rated up to 800 lbs, so the Husky'll be no problem.

In the old days, I used to remove the front wheel of my TM400 and put the bike in the trunk! Then I got the old style bumper carrier (hoops!). Remember those?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Anything less than a van will be nothing more than a lesson in frustration. I've heard of a person putting Vespa scooter in a Honda Element but it was a very tight fit and required lots of finesse and two people to get it in and out.

Rub

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Get yourself one of those collapsible trailers. Fold it up and stand it in a corner.

And, it's always more fun with two bikes!

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Have you priced old Jag parts lately? Oh, I guess you have...

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
I have an Element (rolling phone booth) and I can barely fit a bicycle in it without shredding the headliner.

An old VW bus would fit the bill, but then you'd have to wory about the whole rig exploding and catching on fire. Not cool.

What you need is a Jawa 350 Californian with a bike trailer behind it. Now that's klass.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Where did you stow the bandages and leg splints for AFTER you rode the TM?

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
That VW engine fills-up more of the back than you might think. A VW Microbus works OK as a Phreak-machine, but is probably terrible for hauling anything. 'Cept mebbe a pile of trash from your friend Alice's place..........

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
"I'd like to find a smallish vehicle that I can carry a single bike in (not a pickup). There are lots of places I'd like to ride my Husaberg supermoto, but riding it there would be painful."

I found the Perfect Vehicle for you - should meet every situation you'll ever run-across..........

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
That's pronounced "Ran-CHAR-o".

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Don't believe me?

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Just ask Eddie Griffin............

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.