Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good bye JB, but you will be around, we know you, in the mean time take care of yourself, get plenty of sleep and don't forget to take your V's every morning, Vicodan, Valium, Viox that is....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Burns is the greatest! He is a Peter Egan with attitude. Hopefully we will be reading whatever he is thinking about for a long time. Maybe not as often, but every article will be relished. Write on Burns! Keep blindsiding us with your off the wall picks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
JB, I am saddened to hear you will be writing less if at all. I will morn the loss of your prose. Not to compare the 2 events , but Greg Mcquide whom I always felt was a JB in training is no longer of this earth and is greatly missed. We lost him and now we will be losing the orignial (I hope the reports of your demise are greatly exagerated). Well you bitter little man, please don't forget that there are many of us who are loyal fans of you. We would appreciate if you throw us a bone once and awhile. Keep the keyboard tapping Burnsie. Anyhow happy trails JB. I for one am only a subscriber of MO for your articles. Someone will need to step up in the next 279 days or I will not continue to be.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ahhhh dayem........Too good to last.

Mr Burns:

I've enjoyed your writing skills and perspectives on whatever you've felt like writing about , including when I've disagreed.

You'll be missed here and I can only hope that you'll have the time to share a column or two with us in the future.

Can you tell us where and exactly what you'll be doing to earn your daily bread?

Sounded like a copy writer from your last side bar! True?

Good luck to you in your new chair!!!!!!!!

Sincerely

Julian

·
Registered
238 Posts
Mr. Burns - I'm not going to say "Please don't go" I think we all need a break. But your wonderful insanity made sanity out of this insanity if that makes any sense. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
OK, the smartass above will doubtless ask if I live under a stone as well. Answer, no. I work for a living, have small kids and ride, climb and play music when I have some time. Plus read MO when I can. So, smartass, do you live glued to a computer with no bike to ride and no sex life, or what?

So, having missed the gossip because of having to live in my real world, can someone explain what is going on here? Why is Mr Burns leaving? Seems to me like yesterday he arrived, or am i just getting senile? The rest of the crew here will mean I'll renew but one of the best will be missing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah...uh...don't let the door hit you on the way out.

No really, thanks John. See to me, this life, it's all about how much sleep you can get before the alarm goes off. Is your alarm sounding John, can you hear me John? Beep, beep my friend. Beep, beep.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Good luck JB. You will be missed. Hope you'll drop by and visit with us from time to time, share some thoughts and of course your excellent communications on the ubiquitous frustrational manifestations of all our ridiculously pathetic lives and the SOB's that make them such. PS Although I consider myself a decent "Shade tree" mechanic, decided to not go for the used MB, thanks for sharing your pain. PPS Have a good one.

·
Registered
170 Posts
What the frig happened to Blip and all the original crew anyway? As for JB he was only here 2 minutes including travelling time. Can MO not make enough money to keep you employed? I paid the fee (in hard earned New Zealand dollars - I needed a lot to pay US$11.94) and must say you haven't kept us very well informed as far as what's going on at MO. You gotta keep in touch with your customers especially if you want us to renew when the time comes.

Cheers

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.