Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
those people all wear those stupid full face jobbies that prevents you from seeing and hearing all around. They should have been wearing beanies that way they'd get to see and hear better, plus the spectators could tell who was cool or not and buy you free beer

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Actually, since the dead guys were wearing helmets, they get a 'get out of casket free' card. Free with every purchase. Good for one use only. They certainly aren't as dead as those morons that don't wear helmets, and that's a good thing.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I went in 1989. Best time EVER! IOM makes Daytona look like a block party. Lots more diversity in the bikes, too. You don't see that many of the GPTB (tm-kpaul, inc.).

On Mad Sunday, I was passed by a formula Ford race car in the mountains. Then I passed a trials sidecar rig with a blowup sex doll as a 'Monkey". It absolutely is mad.

Every rider should go before they quit riding. Truly amazing.

Apparently, the hot set-up is to fly into London and rent a bike, then take the ferry. I was stationed in Germany at the time, and rode there from Worms.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was there for 1 day of practice this year - it is really different from the m'sickle scene here in MI for sure. I never saw a Vincent daily driver (with luggage rack!) before! Our hotel operator told us you would really be lucky to get a room for next year as the whole island is expected to be sold out.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Lucy...

..where did you put the isle, Lucy?

'splain to me!

That guy's no Fred Mertz. Bill Holden maybe...

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Cool.... MO should do a story/interview.. perhaps this storty posted here is ok for the GPTB i.e. short Fox News sound bite.. But I think most of us serious riders (sportbike folks) think it would be neat to hear more details on the event..

Someday this thing is going to end.. Perhaps they are just waiting for the 100th.. On the otherhand the tourist money is probably way too much to give it up cause someone dies every year...

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Thanks for that link. After reading the test, something struck me as interesting....

Sean Alexander was about two seconds per lap faster than Toye on four out of the five bikes tested. Same track, same bikes, same tires, same day.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Though I'm not worthy, before I punch the old timeclock for the last time I MUST attend the Isle of Man TT.

As for the Speed Channel...what a waste. So much air time & so little useful content.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I go the IOM TT superbike video game for Christmas. After riding the course ( on video) I can't imagine racing on it in RL. Some of teh crashes I have had on vidoe are clearly fatals in RL. (into a stone building at 150+ comes to mind) It took me over twenty laps just to start to remember where the course goes.

That being said I wold love to ride around the course (ride not race) just to experience it in RL.

By the way the British TV channel "Men and Motors" had about 16 hours of IOM coverage - some of it live. If you want to go for the 100th, better make reservations now. (It is next May) Here's the site www.IOMTT.com

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Lucy...

where am i and who are all these people?

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
I was thinking the same thing but didn't want Sean to get his big head growing going again... or worse yet get some kid of crazy idea to race in the TT.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
That's why they don't talk about the IOM moped race held at 7:30 in the morning that Sunday.

Lots of nasty twisted ankles and scabbed elbows.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would love to do IOM on maybe a Zuma. 45 mph seems about right. Zuma with cupholder and sixer of Guinness chilling nicely under seat...

JT is awesome great down-to-earth guy w/o big-head attitude, who knew he could be serious for that long? Kudos...

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.