Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Trying to buy a 2008 Deluxe from the dealer but so far can't get them to go under the $17445 (MSRP). Have any of you had luck buying an HD below MSRP? If so how did you do it? Thought it would be the same as purchasing a new car but if I'm wrong please let me know.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Your dealer is an idiot if they're not willing to wheel and deal in this day and age.

There are plenty of dealers around. If you find one that is willing to work with you, don't reward the stingy dealer with accessories purchases even if they are closer.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Some models are in enough demand that the dealers won't ****er.

You also have to deal with the holier than thou attitude that a decade of easy sales has engendered in the HD universe. Don't blame the dealers more than the idiots who have been happily paying thousands over MSRP since the mid-90s.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Some models are in enough demand that the dealers won't ****er.

You also have to deal with the holier than thou attitude that a decade of easy sales has engendered in the HD universe. Don't blame the dealers more than the idiots who have been happily paying thousands over MSRP since the mid-90s.
Who knew d!cker wouldn't get past the spam filter. I figured it was only petc0ck!

****er ****er ****er!

pet**** pet**** pet****!

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
I think you should look for a '73 CB500.

To hell with Harley.............

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Allow me to explain: HD Dealers cannot sell bikes for under MSRP without risking their motorcycle allocation for the upcoming model year. HD has enforced that for years. However, you can get a "better deal" by requesting store credit, free service at prescribed intervals, or similar "compensation" without lowering the price of the bike. If you have a trade they can jack up it's trade in value. No HD dealer will show a bike selling for under MSRP. The allocation is too valuable.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Allow me to explain: HD Dealers cannot sell bikes for under MSRP without risking their motorcycle allocation for the upcoming model year. HD has enforced that for years. However, you can get a "better deal" by requesting store credit, free service at prescribed intervals, or similar "compensation" without lowering the price of the bike. If you have a trade they can jack up it's trade in value. No HD dealer will show a bike selling for under MSRP. The allocation is too valuable.
The fancy electronics stuff (Apple, Playstation 3, Wii) do the same thing. That's why the stores sell bundles.

You could get a bundled softail dude!

PS Did you learn this info at Klazy Ken seminar? I love that guy!

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Apparently that pricing scheme doesn't apply to Buells.

As I mentioned in another thread, I recently saw several new bikes on sale at a Maryland dealership, including a silver/black 2007 Ulysses for $8900. I had to look twice to make sure someone hadn't put a Blast tag on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.