Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"At his wife's urging, Lawrence J. Monahan bought the motorcycle of his dreams Saturday morning."

That's a very sensitive reporter, there.

·
Registered
424 Posts
These are stories that hit close to home for me.

MO posted a story for me just a few weeks/months back detailing a crash my friend Lou Grogg was in.

Lou was riding at speed down the expressway when he was struck from behind by a 19 year old girl.

Here's the rub, Lou will be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life because of this crash. The girl who hit him was never charged!

The only thing that was done to her was a ticket for an expired registration. It turns out that she is related to a detective on the local police force. Apparently he has enough political pull to protect this girl. I'll stop here, because when I think about this I get so mad that I shake.

After 2 months in Ruby memorial hospital in Morgantown WV and another 4 in Health South ReHab. Lou returned to work for the first time last week. I have to admit, even knowing what to expect it was really hard to watch him come rolling in the door in that chair. He was smiling and in good spirits on his first day back. All I can think is, he is a much stronger person than I am.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Looks like a civil suit and/or a Federal suit saying his civil rights were violated might do it. Surely there is a lawyer out there that would take the case (even though almost all lawyers will only take "cinch" cases where they don't have to do any work except collect their 40%)

·
Registered
156 Posts
It's a sobering reminder that it's a jungle out there, and there is never too much paranoia. Stories like that remind me that I'd better keep switching my attention between the scenery and the motorists out on the road with me.

A side comment regarding the oblivious girl with the cop as a relative: It might be worthwhile to get in touch with the AMA if you've not already done so. As we members are aware, they have a continuing effort to try to get some equity in law enforcement, to punish those who kill or injure motorcyclists. Since I don't know enough of the circumstances to give the AMA a complete story, I'll have to leave the contact to "bmwdude" or someone else with first hand knowledge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.