Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dude, you're kidding!!! Your R1150R?

Someone clearly wrecked the front end of their Bimmer and decided that stealing yours was cheaper than buying a new one.

You can come down and test ride my Ducati. I'm sure you'll like it. ;-)

Sorry for your loss bro. Thieves suck worse than KPaul when he's off his medication.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sounds like it was on an oilhead? Lets hope the dumb***** thief doen't know there are no suspension components inside the fork tubes. Maybe he'll get his ass kicked when he tries to sell it to someone as a brand new fork for a gsxr. Thats what I am hoping happens to the guy who smashed a window in my truck to steal my broken stereo.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I know this hardly compares but back in the very early 80's I went to class for an hour and came back to find my left side case with dynamo gone on my CB900 Honda. I'm pretty sure that the CB750 shared the same part. As a college student it was hard to swallow that expense. Some people just weren't raised right.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Well at least stealing the fork makes more sense than the idiot who stole one glove off of my bike in L.A.

·
Registered
22 Posts
When I was in college, someone stole the rear wheel off my Honda 450. I had it chained in the

carport of the apartment on the center stand.

The chain went through the frame and _front_

wheel...

Bastards.....

·
Registered
771 Posts
I take it from your post that your bike is in plan view of all the other vehicles, which sucks worse because someone had to see the snot rags take apart your bike.

A friend of mine had his tool trailer broken into in broad daylight, on a busy residential street. His neighbors thought that these guys had permission to take all his tools, and cut the lock on the trailer.

Stories like this just confirm my basic theory that all people are s***** sucking idiots (most MOrons excluded)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Insurance?

That SUCKS!

On the bright side, as long as you have full coverage, it shouldn't take long to get the front end replaced. If they took the whole bike, the Insurance company would make you wait an eternity before they replaced the bike. This way, they will probably treat it like damage and authorise immediate repair/replacement.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Re: Insurance?

Agreed. And your transportation to and from the shop should be covered as well. Get it to the right dealer and you should be back on the road in a week.

While you are at it take off the side covers you buffed out at Willow and tell them those were stolen too ;)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.