Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
What a bummer since Hopkins was starting on the front row. I was expecting one hell of a race

Anyone notice how Capirossi has been pretty wild the last few races? risky passes, tangling with other riders (Biaggi last time)

·
Registered
911 Posts
Capirossi has been showing signs of desperation lately, today's madness should be punishable in the same manner that Tamada and Hopkins were punished last year at the same track. But we are talking about the FIM, which has lots of similarities with the AMA, in the fact that they change the rules as they go!

One has to feel for the Hopster, he really was doing well for himself at Motegi this weekend and in general as of late, oh well, that's racing.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
To be fair, his tangle with Biaggi last round wasn't his fault at all. Biaggi hit him from behind, much like Capirossi just hit Hopkins today. -Sean

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Capirossi messed up but I don't think that he should be penalized as Hopkins was. It's not that I don't think he did what Hopkins did, it's just that I think they (MotoGP) got it wrong last year. I think that these are the best riders in the world and "that's racing". I could easily see Hopkin's, and others, seeing it differently. It's too bad that many of my favorites, to include all of the guys that went down, weren't in it.

Tamada was Dominant, Rossi was Smart and Nakano (with skill, luck and determination) brought the Kawasaki it's first podium in the MotoGP era. If anyone would take away from Nakano's accomplishment I would suggest looking at the quality of riders and equipment immediately behind him.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
The Japanese way ... Do they have red flags?

The race was probably the most exciting part, everything else was anti-climatic. MotoGP has kind settled into a pattern of follow the leader for 90% of the laps. To me AMA supersport and superstock have been more exciting. WSB has been mixing up better as well. Maybe if the 6 downed riders would of been in it, it would of been more exciting.

Another note: I thought the race should of been red flagged so they could be more careful with the injured riders. There was the same kind of meat wagon approach reminiscint of last year in Japan where a rider lost his life. The workers were clearing things out of the way too quickly in my opinion.

Note to self: When I race Sean don't race in Japan.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
My Redskins go down the tubes, the US gets it collective butt waxed by the Euros in the Ryder Cup and the Americans get knocked down like bowling pins in the Moto GP. Time to turn off the tube and go down stairs and get Ivan out of my basement. That rat bastard tried to move in with Frances. Could this weekend have sucked any worse?

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Yes, it could.

You could've been in Pensacola helping your In-laws pick up pieces of their lives from what was left of their houses. Or, in the case of my Aunt, trying to determine where her house went.

The lucky ones have no power and wait in line for hours to get gas. I was able to carry 70 gallons of gas and 80 pounds of ice, along with 5 chainsaws and two generators to help out the folks. It really sux over there. I won't even get into the looter situation.

You gotta count your blessings. Sometimes you need to look a little harder. The bottom line is, if you and yours are breathing, everthing else is gravy.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Re: The Japanese way ... Do they have red flags?

I couldn't believe how quickly they put Loris on the stretcher and carted him off. It was almost as if they didn't even ask him, "Where does it hurt?" or more importantly, "Can you move your arms and legs?"

Maybe there was the fear of more bikes coming off the track (but hadn't the pack pased by then?) and running in to the down riders so they moved them off as fast as possible. That sounds like the benefit of the doubt though.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.