Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Duhamel, Zemke Impressive @Sonoma

2nd Superbike race was great all the way to the end concluding with Duhamel pass of Zemke to take the win. Zemke has provided good competition to Mladin and Duhamel so far this year let’s hope he can continue this throughout the year.

Mladin will dominate this year with Zemke or Duhamel providing competition here and there. What has happened to Eric Bostrom and the 999?

·
Registered
771 Posts
How bout Josh Hayes on the Kawi, not to shabby for a basically stock bike. What where they thinking not running a superbike factory ride.

Loved the quote from the kid from west palm beach (was it geoff may?) at the beginning of the show.

"I'm basically useless to society outside of racing a bike"

Whats happened to Ben B.?

Mr. Duhamel , I doff my hat to ya, way to win for the old guys (old for racing anyway).

·
Registered
730 Posts
Re: Duhamel, Zemke Impressive @Sonoma

Last time I checked,Superbike is still the premiere AMA class and lots of folk care. Have to agree with you about Form Extreme though and I agree the new Superbike rules have made Superbike less interesting. If kawasaki entered the zx10 maybe things would pep up.Not a Honda fan but it is good for somebody to challenge Mladin.....though my money would be on Mladin to take it all again.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Of course not. Who would want to watch a race where the manufacturers duke it out on stock bikes with the closest racing in the whole AMA roadrace program?

Looks like Honda's throwing their weight around ;) to keep those races off of the air in favor of Boremula Extreme.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
They were probably thinking about AMA's rule preventing factory riders from riding in both Superstock and Superbike. They would have to hire an entire separate team of riders, which would be hideously expensive.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Duhamel, Bostrom, Zemke at our shop

Thursday before the races Miguel Duhamel, Ben Bostrom and Jake Zemke came by our shop for about an hour to hang out and sign autographs. We were prepped for a little primadonna attitude, but all three were super nice guys, very cheerful and put up with all kinds of dorky behavior from us and our customers.

Suzuki offered to send Mladin as well, but we already had the Honda guys booked and apparently the factory VIPs don't like their guys sharing the spotlight. I don't think Ben, Miguel or Jake would have cared, though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.