Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm impressed with Nicky Hayden. Tons of people were pissed that he was moved up to this class over Edwards. So far, two 7th place finishes and 6th in points shows he deserves to be on this bike. I really like Edwards as well but I think the promotion was justified.

John Hopkins is in his second year and Hayden is spanking him. Nobody *****ed when he was moved to this class.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm quite familiar with MotoGP and Honda's dominance with 4-strokes and 2-strokes. Their success has to do with superior machinery, preparation and talent. To even imply that their record is due to only the machine is a joke.

I figured I get all kinds of excuses as to why Hayden is doing well. Considering the fact that Hayden has never been out of the US and never seen most of these tracks he's kicking major ass at this point. Hopkins has had a year already to learn the tracks so I'd put them on equal ground.

My issue is with the people who were *****ing that he got the spot on the team. He damn well deserves to be there and that point is being backed up each time he rides.

Same with all the people who thought the World Superbike guys were inferior to the Moto GP riders. Bayliss and Edwards are amazing riders and they too are proving they can hang with the top of the Moto GP class. I don't know what happened to Edwards but I can guarantee he would have been near the top as well if it wasn't for that fluke crash.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.