Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
They prefer the term "Supermoto". "[email protected]" is akin to a racial slur; like referring to a Cylon as a "Toaster".

·
Registered
325 Posts
Putting the whole racing aspect aside and looking at street/commuter use, the longer suspension travel should translate into more comfort on bad roads and a higher seating position gives you better visibility in traffic.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you ride down a bumpy pot holed back road on a motard after riding the same road on a sport bike you would not need to ask any questions. The KTM motards and dukes just rock. The usable power vs power designed for the track isn another part of the motard sucess. Go to your local sport bike twist and turn type road and under triple numbers on the speedo a motard will be right with you with equally skilled riders.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Re: Simple Answer:

My opinion, completely. I understand the benefits of the long travel suspension, but I think that a low COG is more important. If I want a dual-purpose, I'll buy one of those. A "motard" or "supermoto", to me, has all the drawbacks of both sport bikes and dual-purpose bikes at the same time, with few of the advantages of either.

Just give me a SportClassic with a 620 or 695, and I'll be a happy camper.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Simple Answer:

Sounds like you've never ridden one. I have 2 street modified dirt bikes, and they are fantastic on the local roads.

Not great for all day superslab riding, though.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
It was a joke................

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
The bike is not supposed to hit the shores until sometime between April-June. Why no 695- because the 695 frame on the Monster is slightly different than the 620 frame. They can't get the MTS (multistrada) frame and the Hyper frame ready quick enough, in short. So, no 07 models will be ready for the US market. They will all be assigned as 08 models.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.