Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5,019 Posts
OK, as far as scheduling goes, who cares? It's 2005, guys, get TiVo or a DVR.

As far as content goes - imagine fifteen years ago someone telling you that you'd be able to see tape-delayed Superbike, AMA, and MotoGP racing (or the 1990 equivalents). You'd be in heaven.

I know plenty of Nascar fans. I've never met another WSK, AMA, or MotoGP fan. We're a miniscule audience, and I'm grateful for the coverage we enjoy. Speed Channel rocks.

· Registered
5,019 Posts
Furthermore, I bet if you compared Nascar ratings to motorcycle ratings, then compared that to hours of Nascar programming vs hours of motorcycle programming, you'd find that we're getting more than our fair share.

· Registered
5,019 Posts
Longride is hardly being abusive. And he's right. Your MTV2, VH1, etc. analogy fails because these stations served a pre-existing audience demand. In the world of motorsports in the US, the only demand seems to be for Nascar. A non-Nascar motorsports channel would get crappier ratings than an NHL channel. Why invest the $$$ into a seperate station when the audience need can be served by putting the marginal programming in scheduling ghettos on an existing channel? And motorcycle racing is EXTREMELY marginal. Willing it otherwise does not change the fact.

· Registered
5,019 Posts
Think about this - since Nascar is so popular, more people will bug their cable companies to move Speed from premium service to basic service. That would automatically increase the exposure of motorcyle racing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.