Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
They could make a spin off for NASCAR, but then the spin off will make mucho bucks and the Speed Channel will go out of business. If you were in a business, which segement of the market would you cater to, the 500 people that watch MC racing, or the 5 million that watch NASCAR? It's a no-brainer.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
I'm not sure you should flood Speed with nasty-grams just yet. It would better to thank them for giving MC racing any time at all, because they could probably get more viewers interviewing Robby Gordon's tire changer in that time slot. Like it or not, NASCAR makes the cash. See how many people show up for the Daytona 200 as compared to the Daytona 500, and that should give you a hint.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
I was being logical, not abrasive. NASCAR is 100 times more popular than motorcycle racing. It's the easiest form of racing viewership to attact and keep. It doesn't really matter if you like it or not, it makes lots of money, and that's the bottom line for any business.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Sorry, but I call a spade a spade. If someone spouts outright bullshyt, I call em on it. I have never jumped on ANYONE with an opinion, but when they try to turn opinion into fact, and tell me I'm wrong, well they should expect to be challenged. The guys that posted about exhaust pipes, who had ZERO knowledge and kept insisting I was wrong deserved what they got. I enjoy listening to people that actually have knowledge from which they speak, and I can't stand listening to people that pass off disinformation as truth. The funniest part is you never said where I was abrasive to YOU. You had an opinion and I had mine. I still don't think any other form of racing can even come close to NASCAR popularity. Not even in the ballpark. Those other forms of stations obviously have a niche. From my obervations at motorcycle races, there just isn't enough interest to warrant much coverage.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Hey, I'd love to see that stuff, but I'm not sure anyone is willing to take the risk on marginal interest. Like Buz said, just look at the response we get here when posting race info. It's almost nil, and this is a motorcycle site.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Hey, now your being an abrasive A-hole there Buz. Don't go throwing knowledge around this place or people get offended. He can figure out everything for himself, don't ya know. Oh yeah, put the stock pipes back on the Glide. You're losing all that low end torque.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.