Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
That's what programmed recording is for. As long as I can keep my family from turning everything off before they all leave the house. Nothing like coming home to find one of my kids finally decides to do something helpful around the house and shuts off the calbe box before she leaves!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Reality's a *****. There is no respect for our sport. But, I am not going to thank SpeedTV for shoving motorcyle racing off the air to broadcast NASCAR crap. What a lame race. It's expensive demolition derby. But, I guess if you like demolition derby then NASCAR is not that bad. At least the cars start out nicely finished and painted, before they get smashed up.

I watched part of the Daytona 500 and noticed that the drivers, or at least the top team drivers, actually have people directing their driving, especially through collisions and debris. So, the driver doesn't seem to have to actually drive the car much. I think basically they could pilot the car from a remote location. The technology seems to exist in the cars already to do that. Plus the driver could avoid getting hurt. They could be up in the booth watching the race and providing commentary. If the race is mostly about watching nice cars get smashed up why endanger the driver? I'm on to something here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.