Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Re: Roadcraft and Righteousness

I doubt that the dweeb ever comes back to see the results of his handiwork.

Ever seen him respond yet?

He's a hit'n run chickenpoop.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
I'm not talking about rearsets either. I prefer normally positioned footpegs with controls and extra highway pegs for stretching my legs, like my 81 FXEF had. The forward controls are just too damm painful on my back after a fairly short time.

Otherwise I like the Warriors a lot. I simply can't ride them as is.

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
That's why I liked my '96 Low Rider so much. It had standard controls with an extra set of highway pegs. This offered the best of both worlds IMO.

I had the better feel and control when I picked up the pace due to the midmount controls and not one but two places (three if you count the passenger pegs) to put my feet on a long trip.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: Dat wuz some goooood sheet mang!

There you go Buz,, looks like your going to have to storm a few bars and hunt down posses in ghost town's and break some bones and tender vindictivenes and viscosity and vengence while you flex your muscles and wear your manly boots while you wave the flag an' stuff! and here all you wanted was a cool bike!! Don't tell them you own one o' them commie Ducati's too!

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
The Dyna glide would spank 'em like one of .......THE HIGHWAYMAN' S......... home movie encounters with Serge` at the motel 6,,,,, I can't believe those Road Star's are only 53hp stock and they talk Harley's down?

·
Registered
10,900 Posts

I've been checking my owner's manual and HOG stuff for the bar storming requirements. I can't find anything!

Italy hasn't been commie since WWII. Heck aren't they providing food and women for our upcoming Iraqi toilet bowl cleansing?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Cruisers aren't just about HP- look at the torque a Road Star has. It's quite a bit higher than any Harley I've seen (stock).

103" Dyna spank a Speedstar Road Star Warrior? Unlikely with 10 less ft-lbs torque and 20 lbs. more weight.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts

Heh heh. When you bought the Glide you didn't realize that you are automatically enlisted into the Trailerman's Brotherhood, didn't you?

When do your fringed armchaps arrive in the mail?

Actually the Italians change their govt about every 9 months so it's hard to tell whether they are commie or not. All those Euros are commiepinkochicknehearteddouchebags anyhow. ;-)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Warrior + Standard pegs

I think the seat on the Warrior is so low that standard pegs would have your legs folded up like origami. Of course after riding the thing 80 mph, 100 miles each way on the freeway to Fontana and back, I'd be more than happy to have cramped legs, instead of feeling like Rocky the Strung-Out Flying Squirrel.

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
Re: Warrior + Standard pegs

The real key when you're in a riding position like that is to relax. I used to tense up my lower back muscles on the Low Rider and it just seemed like a constant fight with the wind.

Don't death grip the bars, relax your lower back and hip flexors and above all, make the wind your friend.

It's kind of like surfing when you get pile-driven into the bottom. You can't fight all that whitewater. Just relax and you'll get through it much easier.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.