Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gee, another cable show dedicated to the sport. May be worth checking out, except a 10:00 AM Saturday placement is at odds with what real bikers do on weekend mornings.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
More predictions from the Motorcycle Prophet

I agree. Plus it looks like the a direct competitor to Two-wheeled tuesday for content. Competition is good. But until I can get AMA, WSB, and MotoGP race delivered to me live (and on demand) I won't be happy. Eventually I think the Net will take over on demand live coverage of these things similar to the MotoGP site.

On Demand is future

·
Registered
80 Posts
A quick visit to the site shows nothing in-depth other than commercial links for episode 1.

I wonder if it will be even LESS coverage than 2WT and more of the TRUCKS/2 GUYS GARAGE infomercial formatt....

·
Registered
911 Posts
I sure hope that they are more professional than that bonehead Greg White, he is an embarrasment to motorcycling. Also, would it not be great if somebody would take over the broadcasting of motorcycle road racing? Somebody who cares about the sport? Unlike the NASCAR channel a.k.a. Speed?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Sounds good, TNN (Spike TV?) is a commonly availible channel, here in So Flo anyway, and may help to broaden exposure to and hopefully interest in Motorcycling. I assume everyone reading reading T 'n' P's post is already an enthusiast. Happy '04 MOrons!

·
Registered
108 Posts
It's a freakin' PU info-mercial

This ain't the way to promote the sport. The more I look at it, the entire US motorcycling industry and racing sanctioning bodies have their collective heads up their ass.

OOOHH, look at my THOR gloves, don't it make you wanna ride????

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Maybe Spike will use this show to displace WWF and RAW? Please? Pretty please with sugar on it? Or at least displace some of those stupid dating shows?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Well, "Inside Motorcycling presented by Parts Unlimited" was pretty much a waste of time. I can only hope they run out of PU sponsored riders to highlight and move on to getting inside motorcycling as the title implies. It shows potential but not much more.

The rest of the morning programming was pretty tasty though. "Reality of Speed" was an interesting perspective of running an AMA Motocross team and the new "MotoWorld" on SpikeTV was actually entertaining! The old ESPN version was a snoozefest.

I guess it's time to learn how to program the Betamax.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I watched, and I thought 'Gee, what a nice infomercial on Parts Unlimited'. They didn't get any farther inside motorcycling than your average [pick your brand] parts counter. I really hope it gets better from here, but I won't hold my breath.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Fox sports net has some good coverage of bike racin' from time to time, plus they cover other sports like English cup soccer and rugby and what not, plus their auto racing is more rally's and F1 than stupid nascar crap. If I watch sports anymore I watch Fox.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I watched their supposed new version of motoworld yesterday and the host began the show stating how easily a show could just go out and film racing but their show was going after the people and the heart of the sport. Almost the entire segment was a Yamaha commercial and aimed at the cruiser market. The motoworld i grew up loving filmed RACING and as a racer, thats what i want to see when I turn on Motoworld. Bob Varsha was professional and to the point, this moron on Spike forgot to take his riddillin and acted overly intentionally like an idiot every time his camera was on. I am hoping to see some real racing coverage shows on spike and not another infomercial depicting japanese cruisers with american flags surfing the interstates.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've gotta agree with you on Greg White. I dunno, maybe it's just that I'm outside the target demographic (I'm 45), but 2 Wheel Tuesday is just a waste of airtime as far as I'm concerned. Bring back Bike Week with Dave Despain, please!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Well I did not get to watch the new show on Saturday, so I tuned in to Spike on Sunday to watch a repeat of it, as far as I could see there was no repeat, but I got to watch Top Dead Center, and that was pretty good, well presented, with no sophomoric (read Greg White) crap, it was fun to watch and the review of the new Aprilia was excellent. Did anyone else see that? What did you think of it?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.