Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
The impressions were that the Japanese quarter fairing for Sportsters handled better, produced more HP and had better brakes than the HD quarter fairing. I am proud to say I bought the Yamaha quarter fairing because I am a Lone Wolf, a rugged individualist, who takes the road less traveled. This is after years of owning HD quarter fairings. No longer do all of my friends think that my quarter fairing is a "loser" quarter fairing as it has won many shootouts.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
While I've not used the Sporty 1/4 fairing I do have some experience with 1/4 fairings on other bikes. They keep the wind off of your chest. That's about it. If he's looking for some wind protection he's better off with a small cruiser windshield from National Cycle.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The impressions were that the Japanese quarter fairing for Sportsters handled better, produced more HP and had better brakes than the HD quarter fairing. I am proud to say I bought the Yamaha quarter fairing because I am a Lone Wolf, a rugged individualist, who takes the road less traveled. This is after years of owning HD quarter fairings. No longer do all of my friends think that my quarter fairing is a "loser" quarter fairing as it has won many shootouts.
She's particulary interested to learn if it creates an impression of "Fists in the Wind."

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
While I've not used the Sporty 1/4 fairing I do have some experience with 1/4 fairings on other bikes. They keep the wind off of your chest. That's about it. If he's looking for some wind protection he's better off with a small cruiser windshield from National Cycle.
A serious answer. I'm at a loss.

She has the quick detach from HD. Seems like it doesn't do much aside from add headshake at speed. The 1/4 fairing is frame-mounted, and she's hoping it will give protection w/o the headshake.

It's not my cup o' tea, but at least the girl rides!

Attachments

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Knowin' Harley, it's probably a Buck-and-a-Quarter, Quarter-Fairing made in Hong Kong for Fifteen-Cents...........

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
A serious answer. I'm at a loss.

She has the quick detach from HD. Seems like it doesn't do much aside from add headshake at speed. The 1/4 fairing is frame-mounted, and she's hoping it will give protection w/o the headshake.

It's not my cup o' tea, but at least the girl rides!
I've got the NC street shield on my Magna and it does a good job of keeping the wind off and doesn't cause headshake on that bike. Now if the rest of the bike were as reliable.....

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I've got the NC street shield on my Magna and it does a good job of keeping the wind off and doesn't cause headshake on that bike. Now if the rest of the bike were as reliable.....
I'd imagine the fact that it don't run half the time is what's keeping the wind off

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I'd imagine the fact that it don't run half the time is what's keeping the wind off
I think I keep the POS around just so I can laugh when I hear the Honda toadies go off about Honda's "superior quality." Note that they still use 80's era Suzuki (and Kwacker) engines for dragbikes. Where are the "superior" Hondas? LOL!

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I learned my lesson on Hondas with my '84 V65 Sabre and my '97 VFR......Thanks but no thanks...

Those a/o cooled GSXR mills are the Chevy small block of the motorcycle world, you can build the livin' sh*t out of them and they just beg for more. I think the only way to kill one is a .44 Mag

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.