Motorcycle Forums banner

Sport Rider 2009 Supersport 600 Shootout

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  YellowDuck 
#1 ·
Just read it last night - the Ninja walked away with it this time. R6 was last, which I agree with - totally wonky torque curve, really crappy output at low revs.

They seemed to think that the BPF Showas on the Ninja were really something special. Interested to ride a bike equipped with those.

Of the group tested, I still feel like the Daytona has the best motor for the street. Much better than any of the fours until almost redline. How much time does one spend at 14,000 rpm anyway? Apparently the riding position sucks though.

Personally, not into the 600s at all really. Still always interesting to see where they rank though.

#2 ·
Of the group tested, I still feel like the Daytona has the best motor for the street. Much better than any of the fours until almost redline. How much time does one spend at 14,000 rpm anyway? Apparently the riding position sucks though.

Personally, not into the 600s at all really. Still always interesting to see where they rank though.
All the more reason to get a Street Triple - the bike many people ought to be riding.

#3 ·
Still one cylinder too many!

My Ducati Sport Classic, as modified, weighs about the same as the lightest 600 in the test, and makes about 65ft-lbs of torque. It really doesn't concern that it probably only puts out 85 hp at the wheel instead of 105, seeing as it does it at half the revs. Just a much better motor for anything resembling sensible street riding. With the suspension upgrades I have done it handles decently as well - again, better than it needs to for street riding.

And it sure as heck looks better!

I sort of don't get the concept of these little screamers. Most folks would be better off with a larger but more relaxed engine. Even air cooled! Why throw all this tech at getting so much performance out of so little displacement? Just buy something bigger.....

I'd actually prefer a Buell Lightening over any of these things. Obviously, I am in a minority there!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.